Mailing List Archive

List of Themes: where is it downloaded from
Hi there,

I‘m new to Theme Development and would like to correct some bugs in the
Theme „Readability“.

New versions of Themes are detected by the Theme Chooser. Where does it get
the updated list from? Is it created automatically? Or is it maintained
manually?

Kind Regards
Jens
Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
If you have access to the account, make changes here and then update the
themeinfo.xml version number and the chooser should pick up the newer
version.

https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Readability/blob/fixes/29/themeinfo.xml

Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
Hi Wes,

thank you! I did’nt know that increasing the version number is the trigger
for the theme chooser!

I already opened a pull request some days ago to update the version number
to 0.51.

Kind Regards
Jens

Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
themeinfo.xml
<https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Readability/blob/master/themeinfo.xml>
Initial changes to the program guide
<https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Readability/commit/2f5e824e7f13e0b0678a918bd61aec6e5556909a>
6 years ago

As of a few minutes ago, it's still at 0.50, showing the last change 6
years ago. for master, /28, and /29 fixes. /25 is still at 0.40. I don't
know much about github, but I don't think it will take changes unless

Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
The Pull Request is still open and has to be accepted - and you are right,
this can only be done by a MythTV Theming Group Member.

btw: I‘m new to GitHub and still learning... ;-)
Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
On 10/16/2018 10:40 AM, Swanseasurfing wrote:
> The Pull Request is still open and has to be accepted - and you are
> right, this can only be done by a MythTV Theming Group Member.
>
> btw: I?m new to GitHub and still learning... ;-)

While it could be done by some of the admins of the MythTV-Themes GitHub
group, each theme is maintained by the theme creator and/or anyone they
have designated as having commit privileges for their particular theme.
The project admins generally don't touch the individual
themes/theme-code, we just help maintain the permissions/teams for the
theme repos.

The Readability theme is owned by noisymime (Josh Stewart ,
https://lists.gt.net/engine?user=14997;list=mythtv ), and he hasn't
designated anyone else as a committer. He also doesn't seem to have
been active on the MythTV mailing lists for quite some time (though I
could be mistaken), and he may well be active on the forums or IRC or
something.

Feel free to contact Josh (see the address at the link I sent) and see
if he can make the changes for you/accept your pull request, and/or if
he'd like to add you as a committer/Readability-theme-team-member (and
if he doesn't know how, I can make those changes for him) or, for that
matter, if he'd like to just pass off ownership of the theme to you, we
can make that happen. If all else fails and you'd like to fork the theme
and become a new theme owner, we can make that happen, too. :)

Then again, are you, by any chance, the "jims-code" on github whose pull
request Josh committed 12 days ago? If so, it seems you guys have
things under control, already. If that's the case, then feel free to
ignore me. :)

Mike
Re: List of Themes: where is it downloaded from [ In reply to ]
Yes, jims-code, that’s me ;-)

Josh accepted the first Pull Request I ever opened ;-) The following 2
Pull Requests are still pending.

I do not expect to have enough time to care for a Theme as it might be
expected of a Theme Owner. But I would like to contribute to the
maintenance of the Readability Theme (which is not very much due to the
limited time). If it would help to to add me as a
committer/Readability-theme-team-member I would support the Theme
maintenance that way.

Thank you very much for the information! Since GutHub is new to me I am
happy to get some background information!

Kind Regards
Jens

Michael T. Dean <mtdean@thirdcontact.com> schrieb am Di. 16. Okt. 2018 um
17:39: