I'd like to make a theme available to mythtv users. This one to be precise.

https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality

Am I wasting my time, or is this possible?

Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/17/2018 10:06 AM, Wes Newell wrote:
> I'll try this again since I've gotten no response from previous post.
> I'd like to make a theme available to mythtv users. This one to be
> precise.
>
> https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality
>
> Am I wasting my time, or is this possible?

Are you wanting to add the theme to the repos at
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes or keep it in its current location?
(Verifying because of the subject of your other message.)

I'm assuming you want it added to the scripts that make it available via
the theme downloader. Usually Chris Pinkham does that, but I think even
if he's unavailable right now, I can find someone to do that for
you--just need to know the final location.

Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for your work on the theme.
It looks nice--especially for those who use MythTV on a desktop system
(or with eyes much younger than mine :).

Mike
Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/17/2018 09:42 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/17/2018 10:06 AM, Wes Newell wrote:
>> I'll try this again since I've gotten no response from previous post.
>> I'd like to make a theme available to mythtv users. This one to be
>> precise.
>>
>> https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality
>>
>> Am I wasting my time, or is this possible?
>
> Are you wanting to add the theme to the repos at
> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes or keep it in its current location?
> (Verifying because of the subject of your other message.)
>
> I'm assuming you want it added to the scripts that make it available
> via the theme downloader. Usually Chris Pinkham does that, but I think
> even if he's unavailable right now, I can find someone to do that for
> you--just need to know the final location.
>
> Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for your work on the
> theme.  It looks nice--especially for those who use MythTV on a
> desktop system (or with eyes much younger than mine :).
>
> Mike
Yes, I'd like it to be made available to the downloader. Final location
is where it's at now I guess, unless it needs to be moved to someplace
else. BTW, sorry my original reply went to your direct email address.

Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/18/2018 03:17 PM, Wes Newell wrote:
> On 07/17/2018 09:42 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 07/17/2018 10:06 AM, Wes Newell wrote:
>>> I'll try this again since I've gotten no response from previous
>>> post. I'd like to make a theme available to mythtv users. This one
>>> to be precise.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/wesnewell/Functionality
>>>
>>> Am I wasting my time, or is this possible?
>>
>> Are you wanting to add the theme to the repos at
>> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes or keep it in its current location?
>> (Verifying because of the subject of your other message.)
>>
>> I'm assuming you want it added to the scripts that make it available
>> via the theme downloader. Usually Chris Pinkham does that, but I
>> think even if he's unavailable right now, I can find someone to do
>> that for you--just need to know the final location.
>>
>> Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for your work on the
>> theme.  It looks nice--especially for those who use MythTV on a
>> desktop system (or with eyes much younger than mine :).
>>
>> Mike
> Yes, I'd like it to be made available to the downloader. Final
> location is where it's at now I guess, unless it needs to be moved to
> someplace else. BTW, sorry my original reply went to your direct email
> address.

Just wondering if you've made any headway on this? Or am I just too
impatient?

Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/26/2018 07:09 PM, Wes Newell wrote:

> On 07/18/2018 03:17 PM, Wes Newell wrote:

>>> Are you wanting to add the theme to the repos at
>>> https://github.com/MythTV-Themes or keep it in its current
>>> location? (Verifying because of the subject of your other message.)
>>>
>>> I'm assuming you want it added to the scripts that make it available
>>> via the theme downloader. Usually Chris Pinkham does that, but I
>>> think even if he's unavailable right now, I can find someone to do
>>> that for you--just need to know the final location.
>>>
>>> Sorry for the delayed reply, and thank you for your work on the
>>> theme. It looks nice--especially for those who use MythTV on a
>>> desktop system (or with eyes much younger than mine :).
>>>
>>> Mike
>> Yes, I'd like it to be made available to the downloader. Final
>> location is where it's at now I guess, unless it needs to be moved to
>> someplace else. BTW, sorry my original reply went to your direct
>> email address.
>>
> Just wondering if you've made any headway on this? Or am I just too
> impatient?

Sorry. You're not too impatient--I just got distracted and missed your
replies. I saw them yesterday and asked who might have permissions to
do that. At this point I'm expecting Stuart Auchterlonie--one of the
devs who is basically our server administrator, too--will need to add
your theme to the script that prepares themes for the downloader. I'll
try to make sure he sees the message so he can do it in the next couple
of days.

Again, I apologize for the slow response and thank you for all the work
you've done on the theme--and soon it should be easy for users to find/load.

Mike
Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/27/2018 11:32 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> At this point I'm expecting Stuart Auchterlonie--one of the devs who
> is basically our server administrator, too--will need to add your
> theme to the script that prepares themes for the downloader.

The changes are made and the theme should appear in the downloader
within the next 24hrs. Thanks again for the theme.

Mike
Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/30/2018 10:11 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/27/2018 11:32 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> At this point I'm expecting Stuart Auchterlonie--one of the devs who
>> is basically our server administrator, too--will need to add your
>> theme to the script that prepares themes for the downloader.
>
> The changes are made and the theme should appear in the downloader
> within the next 24hrs. Thanks again for the theme.
>
> Mike

Still not there as of a few minutes ago. I know mythtv.org had a mysql
server crash sometime 7/28. Maybe that's why I just got this email
today, and the changes were lost. Or do I need to move it to the active
themes in the wiki?
Thanks for all the help.

Wes
Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 30 July 2018 18:55:56 BST Wes Newell wrote:

> Still not there as of a few minutes ago. I know mythtv.org had a mysql
> server crash sometime 7/28. Maybe that's why I just got this email
> today, and the changes were lost. Or do I need to move it to the active
> themes in the wiki?
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> Wes

Functionality 1.0 has now appeared in the list on my system.

Regards, Steve Goodey
Colchester, England
mailto://steve@goodey.org

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 30 July 2018 20:15:06 BST stevegoodey@spamcop.net wrote:
> On Monday, 30 July 2018 18:55:56 BST Wes Newell wrote:
> > Still not there as of a few minutes ago. I know mythtv.org had a mysql
> > server crash sometime 7/28. Maybe that's why I just got this email
> > today, and the changes were lost. Or do I need to move it to the active
> > themes in the wiki?
> > Thanks for all the help.
> >
> > Wes
>
> Functionality 1.0 has now appeared in the list on my system.
>

> Regards, Steve Goodey

Oh, you might want to use menu to refresh the available themes and sometimes
you have to download the theme twice before it will stick.

Steve.

Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/30/2018 02:24 PM, stevegoodey@spamcop.net wrote:
> On Monday, 30 July 2018 20:15:06 BST stevegoodey@spamcop.net wrote:
>> On Monday, 30 July 2018 18:55:56 BST Wes Newell wrote:
>>> Still not there as of a few minutes ago. I know mythtv.org had a mysql
>>> server crash sometime 7/28. Maybe that's why I just got this email
>>> today, and the changes were lost. Or do I need to move it to the active
>>> themes in the wiki?
>>> Thanks for all the help.
>>>
>>> Wes
>> Functionality 1.0 has now appeared in the list on my system.
>>

>> Regards, Steve Goodey
> Oh, you might want to use menu to refresh the available themes and sometimes
> you have to download the theme twice before it will stick.
>
> Steve.
Hmm. Don't know what's going on. It doesn't appear on either of my
systems, and yes, I've refreshed downloadable themes at least 10 times
on each system. I had manually installed V1.1 on all systems, but
deleted them from the chooser. Forgot to update themeinfo.xml to 1.1 in
the 29/fixes branch. but just did that. Just strange. Maybe it'll show
up here later.

Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 07/30/2018 04:22 PM, Wes Newell wrote:

> On 07/30/2018 02:24 PM, stevegoodey@spamcop.net wrote:

>>> Functionality 1.0 has now appeared in the list on my system.
>>>

>>> Regards, Steve Goodey
>> Oh, you might want to use menu to refresh the available themes and
>> sometimes
>> you have to download the theme twice before it will stick.
>>
>> Steve.
> Hmm. Don't know what's going on. It doesn't appear on either of my
> systems, and yes, I've refreshed downloadable themes at least 10 times
> on each system. I had manually installed V1.1 on all systems, but
> deleted them from the chooser. Forgot to update themeinfo.xml to 1.1
> in the 29/fixes branch. but just did that. Just strange. Maybe it'll
> show up here later.

Really strange. V1.0 showed up on one of my systems, but not the others.
I'll just wait and see what happens.
Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
Hi Wes, I have been following this thread and have installed
Functionality 1.1 manually on one frontend.  I have another Frontend and
it does not pick up Functionality when I scan for downloadable themes
either (as of 8-20-18).  So something still isn't right.

And by the way, thanks for the theme, I like it.
Ziggy

Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
On 08/20/2018 11:46 AM, zb wrote:
> Hi Wes, I have been following this thread and have installed
> Functionality 1.1 manually on one frontend.  I have another Frontend
> and it does not pick up Functionality when I scan for downloadable
> themes either (as of 8-20-18).  So something still isn't right.
>
> And by the way, thanks for the theme, I like it.
> Ziggy
>
> On 7/30/2018 4:37 PM, Wes Newell wrote:

>>> Hmm. Don't know what's going on. It doesn't appear on either of my
>>> systems, and yes, I've refreshed downloadable themes at least 10
>>> times on each system. I had manually installed V1.1 on all systems,
>>> but deleted them from the chooser. Forgot to update themeinfo.xml to
>>> 1.1 in the 29/fixes branch. but just did that. Just strange. Maybe
>>> it'll show up here later.
>>>

>> Really strange. V1.0 showed up on one of my systems, but not the
>> others. I'll just wait and see what happens.

Weird, but when I switched to another theme that wasn't in my cache at
~/.mythtv/themes a download of themes picked it up and installed it.
That was when it was 1.0. When I got around to fixing the theme.xml in
the /29/fixes branch. a few days later it was picked up and installed fine.

Weird, but when I switched to another theme that wasn't in my cache at
~/.mythtv/themes a download of themes picked it up and installed it.
That was when it was 1.0. When I got around to fixing the theme.xml in
the /29/fixes branch. a few days later thit was picked up and installed
fine.
Re: SPAM-LOW: Re: mythtv themes [ In reply to ]
(see bottom post)

On 8/20/2018 12:04 PM, Wes Newell wrote:
> On 08/20/2018 11:46 AM, zb wrote:
>> Hi Wes, I have been following this thread and have installed
>> Functionality 1.1 manually on one frontend.  I have another Frontend
>> and it does not pick up Functionality when I scan for downloadable
>> themes either (as of 8-20-18).  So something still isn't right.
>>
>> And by the way, thanks for the theme, I like it.
>> Ziggy

>>> Really strange. V1.0 showed up on one of my systems, but not the
>>> others. I'll just wait and see what happens.
>>

> Weird, but when I switched to another theme that wasn't in my cache at
> ~/.mythtv/themes a download of themes picked it up and installed it.
> That was when it was 1.0. When I got around to fixing the theme.xml in
> the /29/fixes branch. a few days later it was picked up and installed
> fine.
>
> Weird, but when I switched to another theme that wasn't in my cache at
> ~/.mythtv/themes a download of themes picked it up and installed it.
> That was when it was 1.0. When I got around to fixing the theme.xml in
> the /29/fixes branch. a few days later thit was picked up and
> installed fine.

I just tried installing a different theme from the downloader that
wasn't in my cache.  Then refreshed themes again and still no
Functionality theme.  This is on a machine that has never had
Functionality installed.  - Ziggy