books that summarize/critique in a short paragraph). To that end I was
wondering if I could add an area on screen that contains the movie
description. Something like what appears in 'manage' view but covering a
smaller are of the screen.

I've looked at video-ui.xml and have manage to make sense of bits of it
(exploring <window name="browser">) but haven't been able to effect any
substantive changes.

So the question is: where do I make little modifications like this?
Re: mythbuntu theme - modifications or reversions? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Brian Chabun <bchabun@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a beginner with MythTV in general and same with themes. I'm using
> Ubuntu 14.04 with MythTV from the regular repositories.
>
> I'm using MythTV to manage my video library (not TV recordings -- my old
dvd
> and now bluray collection)
>
> I would like to modify the 'Browse' view (large 'fanart' and horizontal
> thumbnails) to make it a bit more like a 'movie guide' (remember the old
> books that summarize/critique in a short paragraph). To that end I was
> wondering if I could add an area on screen that contains the movie
> description. Something like what appears in 'manage' view but covering a
> smaller are of the screen.
>
> I've looked at video-ui.xml and have manage to make sense of bits of it
> (exploring <window name="browser">) but haven't been able to effect any
> substantive changes.
>
> So the question is: where do I make little modifications like this?

You can take a look at the fixes/0.26 branch of the Mythbuntu theme which
kinda had what you want (see screenshot). You can get it by doing a git
clone of the theme and doing a checkout of fixes/0.26 from
https://github.com/MythTV-Themes/Mythbuntu

​

Thomas Mashos
Re: mythbuntu theme - modifications or reversions? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM, Brian Chabun <bchabun@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm a beginner with MythTV in general and same with themes. I'm using
> Ubuntu 14.04 with MythTV from the regular repositories.
>
> I'm using MythTV to manage my video library (not TV recordings -- my old dvd
> and now bluray collection)
>
> I would like to modify the 'Browse' view (large 'fanart' and horizontal
> thumbnails) to make it a bit more like a 'movie guide' (remember the old
> books that summarize/critique in a short paragraph). To that end I was
> wondering if I could add an area on screen that contains the movie
> description. Something like what appears in 'manage' view but covering a
> smaller are of the screen.
>
> I've looked at video-ui.xml and have manage to make sense of bits of it
> (exploring <window name="browser">) but haven't been able to effect any
> substantive changes.
>
> So the question is: where do I make little modifications like this?

Sorry if you receive a double email, the first is being held because
of the size. I've moved the image out so this one should make it fine.

You can take a look at the fixes/0.26 branch of the Mythbuntu theme
which kinda had what you want (see http://ibin.co/1cpiePxAO1Mu ). You

Re: mythbuntu theme - modifications or reversions? [ In reply to ]
Thanks, I'll take a look.

Has the 0.26 branch been abandoned in favour of the current design?

Re: mythbuntu theme - modifications or reversions? [ In reply to ]
The 0.26 branch was abandoned when 0.26 stopped being developed. The branch
names are not the same as the theme version (this is a recent change, as
they used to be linked)