This is great except that sometimes I get a list of the same title
repeated several times. In my previous installation I had a different
theme (wish I could remember which and where from) which showed the year
beside the title.

I was hoping I could modify the MythAeon theme that I have installed to
display the year of the movie release.

I've searched the xml files for clues but to no avail.

Where is that popup and how do I format it?
Re: Video Grabber doesn't show year when grabbing metadata from TVDB [ In reply to ]
Brian Chabun <brian@chabun.com> wrote on Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 03:39:26PM -0800:
> When I add a new video (movie) to my videos and it does a search of TVDB
> I get a popup in which I can select the corresponding movie. The popup
> occurs if there have been remakes, movies of the same or similar name --
> then I get a bunch of options in the popup to choose from.
>
> This is great except that sometimes I get a list of the same title
> repeated several times. In my previous installation I had a different
> theme (wish I could remember which and where from) which showed the year
> beside the title.
>
> I was hoping I could modify the MythAeon theme that I have installed to
> display the year of the movie release.
>
> I've searched the xml files for clues but to no avail.
>
> Where is that popup and how do I format it?

It's the MythMetadataResults window in base.xml. I figured this out by starting
mythfrontend as:

mythfrontend --verbose gui

The log messages show which windows are being loaded.

I'm not sure how to add the year to the MythAeon theme. The Mythbuntu theme does
include the year, though, so maybe you can get some ideas from that one.

Re: Video Grabber doesn't show year when grabbing metadata from TVDB [ In reply to ]
Great stuff! Thanks for the help. The mythbuntu theme is what I was using
previously. I had a quick look at the two themes and there are
significant differences in the two files within that node. Not immediately
apparent to a beginner like myself, but it must be there. I'll pick at it
as I have time. Thanks again.

Re: Video Grabber doesn't show year when grabbing metadata from TVDB [ In reply to ]
On 06/02/14 05:51, Brian Chabun wrote:
> Great stuff! Thanks for the help. The mythbuntu theme is what I was
> using previously. I had a quick look at the two themes and there are
> significant differences in the two files within that node. Not
> immediately apparent to a beginner like myself, but it must be there.
> I'll pick at it as I have time. Thanks again.

This may give you a clue as to what to change. I updated the
MythCenter-wide version of the MythMetadataResults popup to add more
information here.

https://code.mythtv.org/cgit/mythtv/commit/mythtv/themes/MythCenter-wide/base.xml?id=2116b669

If you don't understand the diff I would try replacing the
MythMetadataResults in your theme with the one from MythCenter-wide and
then tweak it until it looks right.

Paul H.