record", several of the buttons are disabled. Because button widgets do support
a disabled state, the disabled buttons can be themed differently to distinguish
them from the enabled buttons.

Now, however, we can add options directly to that main screen instead of just
buttons. The options are represented by buttonlist widgets. Like the buttons,
some of the options are disabled when the rule type is "Do not record". Unlike
the buttons, it doesn't look like I can theme the enabled and disabled options
differently.

Re: disabled state for buttonlist? [ In reply to ]
On 02/01/2014 09:37 AM, Joey Morris wrote:
> Buttonlist widgets don't appear to support a disabled state. Is that correct?
>
> This comes up in the new schedule editor screen support introduced in 0.26
> (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/d418754/mythtv). Before, the main
> schedule editor screen contained the rule type selector (do not record, record
> all, etc.) followed by a series of buttons. When the rule type is "Do not
> record", several of the buttons are disabled. Because button widgets do support
> a disabled state, the disabled buttons can be themed differently to distinguish
> them from the enabled buttons.
>
> Now, however, we can add options directly to that main screen instead of just
> buttons. The options are represented by buttonlist widgets. Like the buttons,
> some of the options are disabled when the rule type is "Do not record". Unlike
> the buttons, it doesn't look like I can theme the enabled and disabled options
> differently.

To the best of my knowledge they don't. There's no documentation saying
it does and I did add a disabled state once just to check and it
didn't work.
A disabled state is needed for the reason you stated and is probably one
reason why most theme developers have stuck with the old layout.

I did change mine but it would be nice to have a disabled state.

Harley

Re: disabled state for buttonlist? [ In reply to ]
Harley Peters <harley@thepetersclan.com> wrote on Sun, Feb 02, 2014 at 10:23:20AM -0600:
> On 02/01/2014 09:37 AM, Joey Morris wrote:
> >Buttonlist widgets don't appear to support a disabled state. Is that correct?
> >
> >This comes up in the new schedule editor screen support introduced in 0.26
> >(https://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/d418754/mythtv). Before, the main
> >schedule editor screen contained the rule type selector (do not record, record
> >all, etc.) followed by a series of buttons. When the rule type is "Do not
> >record", several of the buttons are disabled. Because button widgets do support
> >a disabled state, the disabled buttons can be themed differently to distinguish
> >them from the enabled buttons.
> >
> >Now, however, we can add options directly to that main screen instead of just
> >buttons. The options are represented by buttonlist widgets. Like the buttons,
> >some of the options are disabled when the rule type is "Do not record". Unlike
> >the buttons, it doesn't look like I can theme the enabled and disabled options
> >differently.
>
> To the best of my knowledge they don't. There's no documentation
> saying it does and I did add a disabled state once just to check and
> it
> didn't work.
> A disabled state is needed for the reason you stated and is probably
> one reason why most theme developers have stuck with the old layout.
>
> I did change mine but it would be nice to have a disabled state.

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I also tried adding a disabled state and
saw that it didn't do anything. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't named
something else or maybe I was just doing it wrong.

I'm also changing my theme to add my favorite options to the first editor
screen. Even though the usability suffers slightly from not being able to
identify the disabled options, that's definitely outweighed by the convenience
of having those options right there.