Mailing List Archive

Problem with MHEG5 EPG from Maori mux
I normally have mhegepgsnoop.py set up to get its MHEG5 EPG data from
the Maori mux (610 MHz), as in the past that mux has been more
reliable than some others. But at the moment that data is ending on
2023-02-28 just before midnight - I suspect this may have something to
do with the 1st of March channel lineup changes (PRIME is moving from
logical channel number 10 to, IIRC, LCN 15). So I tried using the
TVNZ mux (578 MHz), and the data is fine from there. If you are using
my do_mhegepgsnoop.sh file to get your EPG, and have not adjusted it,
then you will also be getting your EPG from the Maori mux and will
have the same problem.

To change to the TVNZ mux, in the do_mhegepgsnoop.sh file find the two
lines where mhegepgsnoop.py is run and change the "-t 5" parameter
(channel 5 = Whakaata Maori) to "-t 1" (channel 1 = TVNZ 1).

Or you can download the updated version of do_mhegepgsnoop.sh from
here:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/do_mhegepgsnoop3.sh

and copy it on top of your existing /usr/local/bin/do_mhegepgsnoop.sh
file (or wherever you have put it).

As well as the default channel change, the updated do_mhegepgsnoop.sh
has a new configuration parameter CHANNUM that you can put in your
/etc/mythtv-epg/nz/do_mhegepgsnoop.conf file to override the "-t"
channel number default. For example, to use the Discovery mux on 562
MHz use channel 3 = Three:

CHANNUM=3

Note that I have not checked the MHEG5 data on the other three muxes,
so I do not know if any of them have the same problem. It is likely
that on or after 2023-03-01, the Maori mux will again have good MHEG5
EPG data.

Re: Problem with MHEG5 EPG from Maori mux [ In reply to ]
I did not do anything except checked my EPG this morning and it looks good.