Mailing List Archive

Problem with Port 80 after Ubuntu Server upgrade
I just updated my Ubuntu Server from 20.04 to 22.04.1 LTS and it seemed
to go quite well but I now cannot seem to access the Apache server on
port 80.

I have checked the following:-

- I can access Transmission on port 9091

- I can access EMBY on port 8096

- sudo netstat -tulpn | grep LISTEN seems to show that Port 80 is not open

- sudo ufw status verbose shows that ufw is inactive

- etc/apache2/ports.conf shows Listen 80 (the same as the old backed up
version)

Any suggestions?

Rob

Re: Problem with Port 80 after Ubuntu Server upgrade [ In reply to ]
Is the Apache process actually running?

Re: Problem with Port 80 after Ubuntu Server upgrade [ In reply to ]
All sorted now. PHP was the problem with Apache not starting.

This is what I did to fix it:-

cd /etc/apache2/mods-enabled

sudo rm php7.4.conf php7.4.load

sudo ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php8.1.load php8.1.load

sudo ln -s /etc/apache2/mods-available/php8.1.conf php8.1.conf

sudo systemctl restart apache2

Then

sudo systemctl status apache2

sudo netstat -tulpn | grep LISTEN