Using mythtv-setup, I edited a few of them back again, but on running
mythfilldatabase, they revert back to numbers again.

Any idea what could be causing this?

XMLTV ID deleting after mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
So things were running well for a few weeks, then this week I noticed
I only had 4 days of guide data.

I checked my guide data source (https://nzxmltv.com/xmltv/guide.xml) -
all good, downloads fine.

In mythtv-setup, I see that the problem is that all my channel xmltv
ID's had been reset to numbers i.e. 1 for tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv, 2 for
tvnz2.freeviewnz.tv, 3 for three.freeviewnz.tv etc.

Re: XMLTV ID deleting after mythfilldatabase [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 27 May 2022 09:24:31 +1200, you wrote:

>So things were running well for a few weeks, then this week I noticed
>I only had 4 days of guide data.
>
>I checked my guide data source (https://nzxmltv.com/xmltv/guide.xml) -
>all good, downloads fine.
>
>In mythtv-setup, I see that the problem is that all my channel xmltv
>ID's had been reset to numbers i.e. 1 for tvnz1.freeviewnz.tv, 2 for
>tvnz2.freeviewnz.tv, 3 for three.freeviewnz.tv etc.
>
>Using mythtv-setup, I edited a few of them back again, but on running
>mythfilldatabase, they revert back to numbers again.
>
>Any idea what could be causing this?

The nzxmltv data uses the channel numbers for the xmltvid values. So
that is correct. If you look at the top of the guide.xml file, you
can see all the channel definitions. Here is the first one (for TVNZ
1):

<channel id="1">
<display-name lang="en_NZ">TVNZ 1</display-name>
<url>https://helptvnz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new</url>
<icon
src="https://freeviewnz.tv/nonumbracoimages/ChannelsThumb/TVNZ1100x100.png"
/>
<!-- Start NZXMLTV Custom Tags -->
<desc lang="en_NZ">As New Zealand&apos;s leading producer of local
entertainment programmes, news and current affairs, and national
television events. TVNZ 1 is uniquely positioned to deliver the
content New Zealanders value and celebrate. Selected programmes on
TVNZ 1 are broadcast in HD via UHF. To access HD programming, you
will need UHF coverage and use a UHF aerial.</desc>
<lcn>1</lcn>
<!-- End NZXMLTV Custom Tags -->
</channel>

So it starts with <channel id="1">, which defines an xmltvid of "1"
for that channel. Later, you find:

<programme start="20220526114500 +0000" stop="20220526124500 +0000"
channel="1">
<title>It&apos;s Your Fault I&apos;m Fat</title>

which is the start of a programme listing for TVNZ 1, so it has
channel="1" as the xmltvid.

If mythfilldatabase is run without the "--only-update-guide" option, I
think it will update the channel data, so that is probably how the
xmltvid values for the channels are being changed.