I now have an approach for recording most of the major channels reliably
off their IPTV streams. The quality can be a bit mixed as TVNZ typically
gets upto 720p whist TV3 is still 576p.

For reliability I'm actually using youtube-dl rather than the built in
IPTV support as there are a bunch of odd issued with the way some of our
media orgs stream their services.

If there is sufficient interest I'd be happy to share my configs.

Steven

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
+1 on those please

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
Ok here is a start at a setup guide and the configuration I'm currently using

https://github.com/steven-ellis/mypvr-nz-iptv

Feedback requested, pull-requests welcomed.

These are the files I use so I'll attempt to push fresh copies as I update
my own environment.

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 21:34:01 +1300, you wrote:

>Ok here is a start at a setup guide and the configuration I'm currently using
>
>https://github.com/steven-ellis/mypvr-nz-iptv
>
>Feedback requested, pull-requests welcomed.
>
>These are the files I use so I'll attempt to push fresh copies as I update
>my own environment.

If you do upgrade to v32, it might pay to try using Matt's URLs again
as I think there have been some upgrades to MythTV's IPTV code. I
have not tried it out yet, but I think it is supposed to follow
redirects now.

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 21:34:01 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>Ok here is a start at a setup guide and the configuration I'm currently
>> using
>>
>>https://github.com/steven-ellis/mypvr-nz-iptv
>>
>>Feedback requested, pull-requests welcomed.
>>
>>These are the files I use so I'll attempt to push fresh copies as I
>> update
>>my own environment.
>
> If you do upgrade to v32, it might pay to try using Matt's URLs again
> as I think there have been some upgrades to MythTV's IPTV code. I
> have not tried it out yet, but I think it is supposed to follow
> redirects now.

Thanks I'll give it a whirl

I tended to hit two issues
- due to the redirect the AES Key wasn't being picked up correctly.
- Variable rate feeds would have playback issues compared with youtube-dl
based feeds.

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
>> On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 21:34:01 +1300, you wrote:
>>
>>>Ok here is a start at a setup guide and the configuration I'm currently
>>> using
>>>
>>>https://github.com/steven-ellis/mypvr-nz-iptv
>>>
>>>Feedback requested, pull-requests welcomed.
>>>
>>>These are the files I use so I'll attempt to push fresh copies as I
>>> update
>>>my own environment.
>>
>> If you do upgrade to v32, it might pay to try using Matt's URLs again
>> as I think there have been some upgrades to MythTV's IPTV code. I
>> have not tried it out yet, but I think it is supposed to follow
>> redirects now.
>>

> Thanks I'll give it a whirl
>
> I tended to hit two issues
> - due to the redirect the AES Key wasn't being picked up correctly.
> - Variable rate feeds would have playback issues compared with youtube-dl
> based feeds.

I've updated my notes and the repo to include an internal IPTV recorder
compatible playlist file. Again let me know how you get on.

Re: Anyone else using IPTV streams as channels under MythTV [ In reply to ]
This is frustrating

Everything was working under V31 and with either cvlc or youtube-dl but
with V32 I can't the streams to work.

Anyone else here tried out my external recorder wrapper and managed to get
it working on V32?

Also tried the build in IPTV recorder and it also won't work with the NZ
streams due to a versioning issue

Mar 27 19:16:28 mythtv mythbackend: mythbackend[8422]: E HLSPlaylist
HLS/m3u.cpp:106 (ParseVersion)
https://d2ce82tpc3p734.cloudfront.net/v1/manifest/b1f4432f8f95be9e629d97baabfed15b8cacd1f8/TVNZ_1/4b0df055-3fcd-43a8-aa5b-3a06f4f88a52/0.m3u8#EXT-X-VERSION
is 6, but we only understand 0 through 3