Mailing List Archive

Maori TV EPG data on HD Homerun...
Hello

With the current problems with EPG through epg.org.nz http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz , I finally got motivated to see if I can get the HD Homerun to provide it. It was pretty easy - one tick in the box and away it goes. I have guide data for all channels except for the Maori TV which says it is Juice TV from 12am->12pm and 12pm->12am. Doesn't really help me. I haven't changed anything from what I had when using epg.org.nz. Interesting that I dont have any Sky, so not sure where it is getting Juice from!

Is anyone else using HD Homerun for guide data, and what is the configuration to get Maori TV guide data that you have?

Regards

Kelvin
Re: Maori TV EPG data on HD Homerun... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:35:24 +1300 (NZDT), you wrote:

>Hello
>
>With the current problems with EPG through epg.org.nz http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz , I finally got motivated to see if I can get the HD Homerun to provide it. It was pretty easy - one tick in the box and away it goes. I have guide data for all channels except for the Maori TV which says it is Juice TV from 12am->12pm and 12pm->12am. Doesn't really help me. I haven't changed anything from what I had when using epg.org.nz. Interesting that I dont have any Sky, so not sure where it is getting Juice from!
>
>Is anyone else using HD Homerun for guide data, and what is the configuration to get Maori TV guide data that you have?
>
>Regards
>
>Kelvin

The EPG data for Maori TV from both MHEG5 and EIT is good. I am
getting that from 610 MHz which is the Maori mux on the Wharite
transmitter. I normally use the MHEG5 data collected using
mhegepsnoop on my MythTV box (Ubuntu), but I just ran EPG Collector on
my Windows 10 box to get both the MHEG5 EPG and EIT EPG, then sorted
and compared them. They both have data for Maori TV.

Both of the EPG sets I collected with EPG Collector have a Juice TV
channel present. I guess that it is broadcast somewhere in NZ on
DVB-T, and I think they just send all the EPG data to all the
transmitters so we get data here for channels we can not receive. I
do not get EPG for the non-existent channels with mhegepgsnoop as it
filters out channels that are not in my channel list.

Does the HDHomerun get its EPG from MHEG5, or EIT? What frequency did
you get it from?

Re: Maori TV EPG data on HD Homerun... [ In reply to ]
> On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:35:24 +1300 (NZDT), you wrote:
>
>>Hello
>>
>>With the current problems with EPG through epg.org.nz
>> http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz , I finally got motivated to see if I
>> can get the HD Homerun to provide it. It was pretty easy - one tick in
>> the box and away it goes. I have guide data for all channels except for
>> the Maori TV which says it is Juice TV from 12am->12pm and 12pm->12am.
>> Doesn't really help me. I haven't changed anything from what I had when
>> using epg.org.nz. Interesting that I dont have any Sky, so not sure
>> where it is getting Juice from!
>>
>>Is anyone else using HD Homerun for guide data, and what is the
>> configuration to get Maori TV guide data that you have?
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>Kelvin
>
> The EPG data for Maori TV from both MHEG5 and EIT is good. I am
> getting that from 610 MHz which is the Maori mux on the Wharite
> transmitter. I normally use the MHEG5 data collected using
> mhegepsnoop on my MythTV box (Ubuntu), but I just ran EPG Collector on
> my Windows 10 box to get both the MHEG5 EPG and EIT EPG, then sorted
> and compared them. They both have data for Maori TV.
>
> Both of the EPG sets I collected with EPG Collector have a Juice TV
> channel present. I guess that it is broadcast somewhere in NZ on
> DVB-T, and I think they just send all the EPG data to all the
> transmitters so we get data here for channels we can not receive. I
> do not get EPG for the non-existent channels with mhegepgsnoop as it
> filters out channels that are not in my channel list.
>
> Does the HDHomerun get its EPG from MHEG5, or EIT? What frequency did
> you get it from?

I'm also having a 'missing channel' issue but with Duke and mhegepgsnoop.

I've attached my channel map which I use with the '-f' switch as follows:
mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py -d "/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0" -p -z -f
$HOME/.mhegsnoop/channel_map -t 28 -o $LISTINGS_DVBT

I grab from DVBT and DVBS (using the old epgsnoop) and merge with tv_cat
but I'm pretty sure its all very out of date as I haven't updated it for
over 5 years.

Can someone bring me up to date on what I should be scanning for?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks zl3rob/g8ecj
Internet: g8ecj@gilks.org http://www.gilks.org
Re: Maori TV EPG data on HD Homerun... [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 20:39:22 +1300, you wrote:

>> On Mon, 4 Oct 2021 08:35:24 +1300 (NZDT), you wrote:

>I'm also having a 'missing channel' issue but with Duke and mhegepgsnoop.
>
>I've attached my channel map which I use with the '-f' switch as follows:
>mhegepgsnoop-0.6.1.py -d "/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0" -p -z -f
>$HOME/.mhegsnoop/channel_map -t 28 -o $LISTINGS_DVBT
>
>I grab from DVBT and DVBS (using the old epgsnoop) and merge with tv_cat
>but I'm pretty sure its all very out of date as I haven't updated it for
>over 5 years.
>
>Can someone bring me up to date on what I should be scanning for?
>
>Cheers

How out of date are you? What version of MythTV are you running? The
current version of mhegepgsnoop is the Python 3 version I did a few
months ago:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgsnoop-0.7.1.py

MythTV v31 needs Python 3 (unless you compile it yourself with Python
2 support), so most of us who have kept up to date have had to convert
everything to Python 3, and that included mhegepgsnoop if you use its
option to access the MythTV database (-p), which you do. My version
also has a bug fix for a long standing buffer overflow problem and a
new -b option that tells mhegepgsnoop to use both fuzzy matching and
the channel map (fuzzy matching first). But it is incompatible with
older MythTV versions using Python 2.

If you want a copy of my mhegepsnoop channel map to compare with, it
is here:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/mhegepgsnoop_channel_map.txt

I updated it today (see my other post). It only has the channels
available on Wharite, and my chosen xmltvid values may differ from
yours.