Mailing List Archive

Mythtv-setup not adding channels
Greetings,

Just doing an bit of a cleanup of my mythbackend, and made bit of an
error. Instead of deleting a channel, I deleted all channels.

I am trying to run the channel scans and am only getting six channels
being inserted and available in the channel editor. When the scan runs,
it says it finds 11 probable channels, but these are not added to the
channel editor.

If I watch the channels, they appear to be in slow motion.

I am running v31.0-v31.0 on Lubuntu 20.04.3. I have a Silicon Dust
HDHomeRun (3?).  I set up two tuners for it and have tried one and two
sources, inputs and whatever else I can add two of. I don't remember
where installed it from,

The command line tells me this is important:

MythTV Version : v31.0-v31.0
MythTV Branch : fixes/31
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 31.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.12.5
Options compiled in:
 linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_libbluray_external using_xrandr
using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_vaapi
using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame

any ideas?

--
Don Robertson
021 294 1452

Re: Mythtv-setup not adding channels [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 11 Sep 2021 22:58:00 +1200, you wrote:

>Greetings,
>
>Just doing an bit of a cleanup of my mythbackend, and made bit of an
>error. Instead of deleting a channel, I deleted all channels.
>
>I am trying to run the channel scans and am only getting six channels
>being inserted and available in the channel editor. When the scan runs,
>it says it finds 11 probable channels, but these are not added to the
>channel editor.
>
>If I watch the channels, they appear to be in slow motion.
>
>I am running v31.0-v31.0 on Lubuntu 20.04.3. I have a Silicon Dust
>HDHomeRun (3?).  I set up two tuners for it and have tried one and two
>sources, inputs and whatever else I can add two of. I don't remember
>where installed it from,
>
>The command line tells me this is important:
>
>MythTV Version : v31.0-v31.0
>MythTV Branch : fixes/31
>Network Protocol : 91
>Library API : 31.20200101-1
>QT Version : 5.12.5
>Options compiled in:
>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
>using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
>using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_dvb using_firewire
>using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_vbox using_ceton using_hdpvr
>using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
>using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
>using_opengl using_egl using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
>using_taglib using_v4l2 using_x11 using_libbluray_external using_xrandr
>using_profiletype using_systemd_notify using_systemd_journal
>using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_bindings_php
>using_freetype2 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_egl using_vaapi
>using_nvdec using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_mheg using_libass
>using_libxml2 using_libmp3lame
>

>any ideas?

By my count (not having done a scan recently), there should be 31
channels over five multiplexes.

There have been substantial changes in how scanning works in recent
versions, and the Wiki has been updated with a fair amount of detail
for how to scan in v31:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_Scanning

You could also consider restoring the channel table from your latest
database backup. That involves editing out just the channel table
from the massive .sql file then dropping the channel table and
re-creating it from the edited backup. It requires an editor that is
capable of handling a massive .sql file. If you want help with that,
let me know. You could send me a copy of your database backup if you
do not have a suitable editor.

A new scan may create channels that do not match your old recording
rules, if it has been a while and you were still using the old names
of the TVNZ channels, for example.