Our Dish moved recently and reception is flaky, so IPTV over fibre would
be useful.

Steven

Re: NZ IPTV channels and MythTV [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:45:46 +1200, you wrote:

>Anyone managed to get the various NZ IPTV sources working reliably with
>MythTV.
>
>I've tried Matt Huissman's sources but they way he masks the original IPTV
>source breaks Myth 30.
>
>Our Dish moved recently and reception is flaky, so IPTV over fibre would
>be useful.

It would be worth upgrading to v31 to see if that fixes the problem.
In v31, IPTV can handle redirections.

Re: NZ IPTV channels and MythTV [ In reply to ]
> On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:45:46 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>Anyone managed to get the various NZ IPTV sources working reliably with
>>MythTV.
>>
>>I've tried Matt Huissman's sources but they way he masks the original
>> IPTV
>>source breaks Myth 30.
>>
>>Our Dish moved recently and reception is flaky, so IPTV over fibre would
>>be useful.
>
> It would be worth upgrading to v31 to see if that fixes the problem.
> In v31, IPTV can handle redirections.

Thanks for the tip. Updated over the long weekend and I've got a lot of
the NZ Channels working over IPTV.

Can't get the Mediaworks streams to work, even without the re-directed URL
hack.

Also the primary TVNZ streams don't work and I'm having to use the e-cast
sources.

Anyone tried to debug the Mediaworks and TVNZ issues?

Re: NZ IPTV channels and MythTV [ In reply to ]

Re: NZ IPTV channels and MythTV [ In reply to ]
>> On Wed, 8 Apr 2020 18:45:46 +1200, you wrote:
>>
>>>Anyone managed to get the various NZ IPTV sources working reliably with
>>>MythTV.
>>>
>>>I've tried Matt Huissman's sources but they way he masks the original
>>> IPTV
>>>source breaks Myth 30.
>>>
>>>Our Dish moved recently and reception is flaky, so IPTV over fibre would
>>>be useful.
>>
>> It would be worth upgrading to v31 to see if that fixes the problem.
>> In v31, IPTV can handle redirections.
>>

> Thanks for the tip. Updated over the long weekend and I've got a lot of
> the NZ Channels working over IPTV.
>
> Can't get the Mediaworks streams to work, even without the re-directed URL
> hack.
>
> Also the primary TVNZ streams don't work and I'm having to use the e-cast
> sources.
>
> Anyone tried to debug the Mediaworks and TVNZ issues?

Looks like the issue is due to AES-128 encryption. I've opened a new
support ticket to help with the triage.

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13608