Mailing List Archive

epg.org.nz
Hi all,

The box that generates the listings for epg.org.nz is going away in the
near future.

That doesn't mean that the listings are going away, just the old box and
tuner card etc. that is used to capture the listings - it's pretty old now.

I'm testing out a new version of listings that doesn't require any
physical hardware, you can test a sample here:

https://epg.nz/epg.xml

This will be replacing the existing data. I believe it's currently
missing a few fixups etc. that the existing data has which will be
worked on as time permits.

If anyone wants to test it out and report any obvious errors that would
be appreciated.

Once it's ready the old URL will be re-pointed so scripts should all
continue to work etc. with minimal interruption hopefully.

Cheers,

hads
--
http://nice.net.nz

Re: epg.org.nz [ In reply to ]
I am very happy to test it but not for a week or so.

Rob

Re: epg.org.nz [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Has the new data been moved over by any chance? Guide data hasn't been
downloading for the last few days (since Tuesday maybe?). I had a
chance to take a look today. On my box something isn't quite right, it
seems tv_grab_nz-py 0.2.7 can't follow the redirect.

I fixed by changing:

if res.status != 200:
return False

if res.status != 200:
log.error('HTTP Status: %s' % res.status)
return False

to log HTTP errors and found the 301 redirect that was failing.

And then this change:

h = httplib.HTTPConnection(host)

h = httplib.HTTPSConnection(host)

I then changed the source as I still seem to have a redirect issue
with the original location (I checked the redirect itself and it's
fine so my initial though that using HTTPSConnection would allow it to
follow may not be right). Even if it doesn't resolve the redirect the
change is needed.

'http://epg.nz/freeview.xml.gz',

I also tried the new guide data at https://epg.nz/epg.xml and didn't
see any obvious issues with it. There are differences to old data
(subtitles?) that mean some recording rules duplicate checks needed to
be changed but that's not a guide data issue.

Thanks for the data, much appreciated.

Cheers.