those channels.

So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where they have moved to? Is
there a new frequency that Sky is using now? Maybe this is part of
the move to allow everyone to have HD for free, and they have moved to
a new DVB-S2 transponder to be broadcast in HD? I did do a blind
scan, but could not find any new transponders. But blind scans need
the right parameters to find things, so it would not have found a new
transponder that was using different settings from the old ones.

Re: Sky 12546 transponder gone [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 15:35:16 +1300, you wrote:

>I noticed that my MythTV box has failed to record anything from the
>Sky's History channel in the last couple of days, so I did a scan of
>all the Sky transponders and there is nothing now being broadcast on
>the 12546 frequency where the History channel used to be. And I can
>not find any of the channels that were on 12546 anywhere on any of the
>other Sky transponders either. But my Sky decoder can still play
>those channels.
>
>So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where they have moved to? Is
>there a new frequency that Sky is using now? Maybe this is part of
>the move to allow everyone to have HD for free, and they have moved to
>a new DVB-S2 transponder to be broadcast in HD? I did do a blind
>scan, but could not find any new transponders. But blind scans need
>the right parameters to find things, so it would not have found a new
>transponder that was using different settings from the old ones.

I worked it out. The 12546 transponder has been changed to broadcast
DVB-S2 instead of DVB-S. I still need to look and see which channels
on 12546 are now HD.

Re: Sky 12546 transponder gone [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 16:22:34 +1300, you wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Mar 2019 15:35:16 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>I noticed that my MythTV box has failed to record anything from the
>>Sky's History channel in the last couple of days, so I did a scan of
>>all the Sky transponders and there is nothing now being broadcast on
>>the 12546 frequency where the History channel used to be. And I can
>>not find any of the channels that were on 12546 anywhere on any of the
>>other Sky transponders either. But my Sky decoder can still play
>>those channels.
>>
>>So I was wondering if anyone had any idea where they have moved to? Is
>>there a new frequency that Sky is using now? Maybe this is part of
>>the move to allow everyone to have HD for free, and they have moved to
>>a new DVB-S2 transponder to be broadcast in HD? I did do a blind
>>scan, but could not find any new transponders. But blind scans need
>>the right parameters to find things, so it would not have found a new
>>transponder that was using different settings from the old ones.
>
>I worked it out. The 12546 transponder has been changed to broadcast
>DVB-S2 instead of DVB-S. I still need to look and see which channels
>on 12546 are now HD.

And now Sky has changed four more transponders to DVB-S2:

12581
12608
12644
12671

That was too many channels for me to want to change manually, so I
wrote myself an SQL script to do the changes:

http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/sky_dvbs2_fix.sh
http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/sky_dvbs2_fix.sql

If you want to test the script before you run it, comment out the
UPDATE line in sky_dvbs2_fix.sql using /* */. Run it using this
command:

./sky_dvbs2_fix.sh 2>&1 | tee results.txt

and then check the results.txt file to see what it did.

I am using MariaDB, but the script should also work with MySQL.

Re: Sky 12546 transponder gone [ In reply to ]
> On 12/03/2019, at 9:33 PM, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
> And now Sky has changed four more transponders to DVB-S2:
>
> 12581
> 12608
> 12644
> 12671
>
> That was too many channels for me to want to change manually, so I
> wrote myself an SQL script to do the changes:

Thanks for the info Stephen.

I spent an hour or so yesterday manually checking each channel and adjusting the iptv_channel.url until it worked. This confirms the changes that I made.

- Wade