seem non-responsive)

Do any list members have any suggestions to overcome these niggles?

Rob
Re: VNC problem after ugrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1 [ In reply to ]
On 04/09/18 20:11, Robert Fisher wrote:
> Do any list members have any suggestions to overcome these niggles?
Answering my own questions:-

The software-updater problem was overcome by (in the VNC session) running
sudo update-manager
(I don't use it anyway so it was not important)

The mythtv-setup keyboard mapping problem was "worked around" by
*uninstalling tightvncserver and installing vnc4server.**
*
Re: VNC problem after ugrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1 [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 5 Sep 2018 16:52:39 +1200, you wrote:

>On 04/09/18 20:11, Robert Fisher wrote:
>> Do any list members have any suggestions to overcome these niggles?
>Answering my own questions:-
>
>The software-updater problem was overcome by (in the VNC session) running
>sudo update-manager
>(I don't use it anyway so it was not important)
>
>The mythtv-setup keyboard mapping problem was "worked around" by
>*uninstalling tightvncserver and installing vnc4server.**
>*

What problems were you having in 18.04.1 with x11vnc? I am using that
in 16.04, and I was hoping it would work just the same in 18.04 as it
has for many years and many Ubuntu versions.

Re: VNC problem after ugrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1 [ In reply to ]
> What problems were you having in 18.04.1 with x11vnc?
After the upgrade to 18.04.1 x11vnc sessions opened OK but as soon as I
clicked on the "Applications" menu it (the session) died.

A Google search found that many people had various problems and I found
suggestions to change to either vnc4server or tighvncserver.

This howto worked for me (after a "sudo apt purge x11vnc")

https://linuxconfig.org/vnc-server-on-ubuntu-18-04-bionic-beaver-linux

Re: VNC problem after ugrade to Ubuntu 10.04.1 [ In reply to ]
I just noticed my typos in the subject line "VNC problem after ugrade to
Ubuntu 10.04.1"

"ugrade" and "10.04.1"