Mailing List Archive

New ThreeLife channel is now live
I just ran a scan and the new ThreeLife channel is there. It takes
over channel number 11 from The Edge. The Edge moves to channel 14.

ThreeLife is on service ID 1310. It had been running on that service
ID but without a name for a few days.

The Edge has changed from service ID 1305 to 1311.

Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
What is the ThreeLife xmltvid?

I have The Edge on edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv (does that remain the same?)

On 15 April 2018 at 14:19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> I just ran a scan and the new ThreeLife channel is there. It takes
> over channel number 11 from The Edge. The Edge moves to channel 14.
>
> ThreeLife is on service ID 1310. It had been running on that service
> ID but without a name for a few days.
>
> The Edge has changed from service ID 1305 to 1311.

Robert Fisher
Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:50:56 +1200, you wrote:

>On 15 April 2018 at 14:19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>
>> I just ran a scan and the new ThreeLife channel is there. It takes
>> over channel number 11 from The Edge. The Edge moves to channel 14.
>>
>> ThreeLife is on service ID 1310. It had been running on that service
>> ID but without a name for a few days.
>>
>> The Edge has changed from service ID 1305 to 1311.

>What is the ThreeLife xmltvid?

Whatever we decide to use. Since it has already appeared in the
downloaded EPG, we should use what is there:

threelife.freeviewnz.tv

>I have The Edge on edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv (does that remain the same?)

There is no reason for The Edge TV to change XMLTVID, and it has not
in today's download.

Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
On 16 April 2018 at 14:50, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> What is the ThreeLife xmltvid?
>
> I have The Edge on edge-tv.freeviewnz.tv (does that remain the same?)
>
> On 15 April 2018 at 14:19, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>>
>> I just ran a scan and the new ThreeLife channel is there. It takes
>> over channel number 11 from The Edge. The Edge moves to channel 14.
>>
>> ThreeLife is on service ID 1310. It had been running on that service
>> ID but without a name for a few days.
>>
>> The Edge has changed from service ID 1305 to 1311.

> Robert Fisher

I (or my completeness OCD) must be getting old. I can't even be
bothered to run the retune for this.

Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
Yes I agree. I do not think there is a need or want for ThreeLife in our
house but I do sometimes use Edge for background noise in my garage.

Robert Fisher

Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Apr 2018 20:43:32 +1200, you wrote:

>I (or my completeness OCD) must be getting old. I can't even be
>bothered to run the retune for this.

If you like the nature programmes, then "Endangered" looks good. "The
Gadget Show" might be worth a look. "Adrenaline" for the car freaks.

Re: New ThreeLife channel is now live [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 9:29 PM, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> Yes I agree. I do not think there is a need or want for ThreeLife in our
> house but I do sometimes use Edge for background noise in my garage.
>
> Robert Fisher

And I am not even as old as Robert - I hadn't heard about ThreeLife until
this thread so I googled, first two results:

"Three launches new lifestyle channel, ThreeLife, with lots of reality TV"

Yuk

And an opinion piece on Stuff:

"To be fair this programming apocalypse has been signposted for the some
time. The decision to introduce a succession of stalker movies into early
afternoon programming was somewhat questionable, as was the relegation of
previously prime-time shows like *Good Wife* and *The Blacklist* into
graveyard slots and the acquisition of the one-note Bravo channel."

OK, no need to tune in to that.