Mailing List Archive

IR blasting the Kaon NS1120
Hi all,

After much chasing, Sky finally cornered me into replacing my old decoder
with one of the new Kaon NS1120 decoders (picture of it at the bottom of
the Listening Post link below). Has anyone on the list here gotten IR
blasting working on this box?

I have read the post on Geekzone (
https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=106&topicid=180846&page_no=10)
and the Listening Post page
https://www.listeningpost.co.nz/Tips-Common-Issues-with-Sky-Decoders-__I.73289__N.25567

but other than suggesting taping the front of the decoder up, I haven't
seen what I am really looking for, which is an LIRC config file.

I have an MCE USB receiver/transmitter which worked perfectly on the old
decoder and I have tested IR blasting using other remote configurations to
other devices successfully.

I have also tried recording the supplied Sky remote with irrecord and irw
however this renders no output where other remotes do.

I am hoping a fellow Myth user may have met and overcome this challenge and
may be able to lend a hand or at least a nudge in the right direction. Am
happy to be contacted off-list if this is your preference.

Many thanks,
Duncan
Re: IR blasting the Kaon NS1120 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 02 Nov 2017 03:06:55 +0000, you wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>After much chasing, Sky finally cornered me into replacing my old decoder
>with one of the new Kaon NS1120 decoders (picture of it at the bottom of
>the Listening Post link below). Has anyone on the list here gotten IR
>blasting working on this box?
>
>I have read the post on Geekzone (
>https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=106&topicid=180846&page_no=10)
>and the Listening Post page
>https://www.listeningpost.co.nz/Tips-Common-Issues-with-Sky-Decoders-__I.73289__N.25567
>
>but other than suggesting taping the front of the decoder up, I haven't
>seen what I am really looking for, which is an LIRC config file.
>
>I have an MCE USB receiver/transmitter which worked perfectly on the old
>decoder and I have tested IR blasting using other remote configurations to
>other devices successfully.
>
>I have also tried recording the supplied Sky remote with irrecord and irw
>however this renders no output where other remotes do.
>
>I am hoping a fellow Myth user may have met and overcome this challenge and
>may be able to lend a hand or at least a nudge in the right direction. Am
>happy to be contacted off-list if this is your preference.
>
>Many thanks,
>Duncan

I have not yet found any specific tables for the new Sky decoders.
Apparently, while they are Kaon boxes, they use the same remotes as
MySky boxes rather than any Kaon remote settings. So if you can find
tables that work with a MySky that could work for you.