When I open MythTV Frontend on my LinuxMint PC

(with version 2:0.28.0+fixes.20160413.15cf421-0ubuntu2.16.04.1)

it just flashes when I select Watch TV but I can watch recordings just fine.

My backend (on my server) is Version:
2:0.28.1+fixes.20171023.7811a7a-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2

Could the different versions be the cause of this or should I look at
something else?

Rob

Re: Unable to play live TV on MythTV frontend [ In reply to ]
> On 26/10/2017, at 16:58, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>
> it just flashes when I select Watch TV but I can watch recordings just fine.

Does it just flash, then return to the menu where Watch Live TV is? I had this while doing some major channel editing. If you check the backend log you’ll probably see a message about the channel not being available or failed could not find channel (sorry I don’t have the exact wording).

You can fix this by using mythtv-setup on the backend and setting the starting to channel to one you know exists.

Or, you can try this snippet I just found in the MythTV archives:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1684#p8145

"The fix I found is to go to the program guide and press M to bring up the menu and select the option to watch the channel from here. It then switches to the channel and this fixes the issue, you can now exit watching TV and re-enter watching TV
from the main menu icon. That seems to fix the glitch.”

- Wade