connect to backend.

Should I restore the latest DB backup?

-Paul

Re: Can not connect to database after upgrade to mythtv .29 [ In reply to ]
On 26 Sep 2017 2:19 pm, "Paul" <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All

I've just upgraded to .29. Backend seems to run fine but frontend cannot
connect to backend.

Should I restore the latest DB backup?

-Paul

I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup, which should perform the
required update of the database to the latest schema.

Then restart the backend service and try the frontend again.
Re: Can not connect to database after upgrade to mythtv .29 [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/17 14:29, Curtis Walker wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2017 2:19 pm, "Paul" <paulgir@gmail.com
> <mailto:paulgir@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I've just upgraded to .29. Backend seems to run fine but frontend
> cannot connect to backend.
>
> Should I restore the latest DB backup?
>
> -Paul

> I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup, which should perform
> the required update of the database to the latest schema.
>
> Then restart the backend service and try the frontend again.

Ok I ran mythtv-setup from the command line and it does the same thing
as backend setup does so it is the same thing.

This does not fix the problem though.

I get a "unable to  connect to master backend" message in the mythtv
startup status screen.

If I access the settings and change the port from 3306 to 6543 the
message changes to 'waiting for database to start" and then "Database
failed to start"

The message below is what I get when running mythfilldatabase

017-09-26 15:30:19.786541 E  MythSocket(7f79ac004740:-1): Failed to
connect to (127.0.0.1:6543) Connection refused
2017-09-26 15:30:19.786628 E  Connection to master server timed out.
            Either the server is down or the master server settings
            in mythtv-settings does not contain the proper IP address
Re: Can not connect to database after upgrade to mythtv .29 [ In reply to ]
On 26/09/17 14:29, Curtis Walker wrote:
> On 26 Sep 2017 2:19 pm, "Paul" <paulgir@gmail.com
> <mailto:paulgir@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi All
>
> I've just upgraded to .29. Backend seems to run fine but frontend
> cannot connect to backend.
>
> Should I restore the latest DB backup?
>
> -Paul

> I had to stop mythbackend and run mythtv-setup, which should perform
> the required update of the database to the latest schema.
>
> Then restart the backend service and try the frontend again.

Ok, seems to be good now I changed the backend Primary IP address/DNS
name from 127.0.01 to localhost and it eventually connected.
I've done several reboots and it starts ok.
It now shows a bar graphic while it waits to connect to the backend and
start the database.I take it that is a new thing in 0.29.
Total boot time is the same as it was before.
Cheers