andrew@etc.gen.nz             | linux.conf.au 2017, Hobart, AU
  New Zealand's only Cloud:   |   The Future of Open Source
https://catalyst.net.nz/cloud |     http://linux.conf.au

Re: LNB source [ In reply to ]
Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> The plastic cover on my LNB has broken off, do folks have a preferred
> source for LNBs currently?

Assuming the LNB is okay and its just a plastic cover missing, cover it
with a plastic sandwich bag and a cable tie?

For longer service, pop a silica gel bag in there too and remove as much
air as possible, use some goop around where the cabletie crimps it closed?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: LNB source [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 13:09 +1200, Criggie wrote:
> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> > The plastic cover on my LNB has broken off, do folks have a
> > preferred
> > source for LNBs currently?
>
> Assuming the LNB is okay and its just a plastic cover missing, cover
> it
> with a plastic sandwich bag and a cable tie?
>
> For longer service, pop a silica gel bag in there too and remove as
> much
> air as possible, use some goop around where the cabletie crimps it
> closed?

Hmmm, okay, I can do that. ;)

--
Andrew Ruthven, Wellington, New Zealand

Re: LNB source [ In reply to ]
On Mon, April 24, 2017 1:15 pm, Andrew Ruthven wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-04-24 at 13:09 +1200, Criggie wrote:
>> Andrew Ruthven wrote:
>> > The plastic cover on my LNB has broken off, do folks have a
>> > preferred
>> > source for LNBs currently?

Recently I've used TradeMe but watch for the LO of the LNB as I've found
issues with some 10750 units having poor reception.

Current LNB I got off a local installer as some of my cables needed
re-running.