Mailing List Archive

Audio sync and framerate issues with 16.04
So I've switched my personal system from 32bit 14.04 to 64bit 16.04 and
MythTV 0.28

Overall no major issues except for some weird sync issues I think relate
to frame rate.

Previously I'd force EDID in xorg.conf to avoid the XFCE xfsettingd bug
with display and I enable refresh rate sync based on
- https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User_Manual:JudderFree

Now under 14.04 with my GT610 card I could run a reasonable VDPAU
deinterlacer and sync at 24/25/50/60 Hz

Now under 16.04 I can't get 24Hz unless I force it and the best
deinterlacer is Temporal 1x or I get frame drops and audio sync issues.

Even with Temporal 1x audio sync is a bit all over the place.

Any thoughts / ideas?