Mailing List Archive

EPG cleanup rules
After seeing Stephen's merging script I'm contemplating using
mhegepgsnoop along with tv_grab_nz-py

Does anyone have EPG cleanup rules they currently use or would like
implemented and are happy to share?

I haven't looked yet to see where I'll implement, eg parsing a rules
file from Stephen's merge script, similar in mhegepgsnoop, a separate
script that parses the xml or directly accessing myth's db via sql.
 Number 1 or 1&3 in the 1st would be most likely.

Here's the first handful of blank replacements

^All New:?
^New:
^\(20\d\d\)
^Movie:

Mark

Re: EPG cleanup rules [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 8:55 AM, Mark <markk@kc.net.nz> wrote:
> After seeing Stephen's merging script I'm contemplating using
> mhegepgsnoop along with tv_grab_nz-py
>
> Does anyone have EPG cleanup rules they currently use or would like
> implemented and are happy to share?
>
> I haven't looked yet to see where I'll implement, eg parsing a rules
> file from Stephen's merge script, similar in mhegepgsnoop, a separate
> script that parses the xml or directly accessing myth's db via sql.
> Number 1 or 1&3 in the 1st would be most likely.
>

> Here's the first handful of blank replacements
>
> ^All New:?
> ^New:
> ^\(20\d\d\)
> ^Movie:
>

> Mark

Hi,

Have you seen https://github.com/apelly/xmltv-tools/blob/master/readme.md ?

I don't know the history of EPG data in NZ, my understanding is just
what I've gleaned from various posts here and general searches over
time. I thought tv_grab_nz-py gets data using mhepepgsnoop which is
then tidied up with xmltv-proc-nz. xmltv-proc-nz and associated JSON
should remove 'New: ' and 'All New ' already but I'm not seeing that
(it's not using the webservices?). Some of the fixes from
xmltv-proc-nz are applied though (season/episode numbers for TV3).

My preference is to modify the XML before it's loaded rather than
modifying the database directly as that potentially allows more
flexibility (e.g. set category to movie if title is Movie:) . I was
considering adding my own (cut-down) version of xmltv-proc-nz into
tv_grab_nz-py somehow to further refine the downloaded XML, but
improvements are probably best made upstream for everyone.

Looks like I can improve xmltv-proc-nz to add season and episode
numbers for 1, 2, Prime, Duke, ChoiceTV. And catch repeats for Prime.

Adam.