No EPG data for TV3+1
I know there has been discussion of this recently.What is the current
status?

I'm getting data for every channel except TV3+1.Is this everyone else's
experience (using http://epg.org.nz)?

Or do I have a problem with my system?

Data ran out for this channel about a week ago.

-Paul

Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
No TV3+1 epg for me either, I thought it was longer than week ago it was
lost but may not have been.

Mark

Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
Mine has run out to. I also tried turning on EIT but I only have now plus
next for tv3+1 this is despite waiting a week.

Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
I believe TV3 screwed the pooch re their guide data last week (possibly earlier). My TV could not grab the MHEG EPG on 3 but did work on other channels. Seems to be OK now. I'm repeatedly amazed by how incompetent the broadcasters are.
On 28 Oct 2016 11:10, Daniel Hughes <trampster@gmail.com> wrote:

Mine has run out to. I also tried turning on EIT but I only have now plus next for tv3&#43;1 this is despite waiting a week.

I&#39;m getting data for every channel except TV3&#43;1.Is this everyone else&#39;s experience (using  http://epg.org.nz"]http://epg.org.nz)?

Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
On 2016-10-28 11:10, Daniel Hughes wrote:

> Mine has run out to. I also tried turning on EIT but I only have now plus next for tv3+1 this is despite waiting a week.
>
> On 28 Oct 2016 9:56 am, "Paul" <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I know there has been discussion of this recently.What is the current status?
>>
>> I'm getting data for every channel except TV3+1.Is this everyone else's experience (using http://epg.org.nz)?
>>
>> Or do I have a problem with my system?
>>
>> Data ran out for this channel about a week ago.
>>
>> -Paul

There is no data for TV3+1 in the downloaded file from epg.org.nz.

I am using mhegepgsnoop and there is data in the stream for TV3+1. I
have seven days worth.

Links:
------
[2] http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/mythtvnz/
Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
On 28/10/16 11:55, David Moore wrote:

> I believe TV3 screwed the pooch re their guide data last week
> (possibly earlier). My TV could not grab the MHEG EPG on 3 but did
> work on other channels. Seems to be OK now. I'm repeatedly amazed by
> how incompetent the broadcasters are.
>

> On 28 Oct 2016 11:10, Daniel Hughes <trampster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Mine has run out to. I also tried turning on EIT but I only have
> now plus next for tv3+1 this is despite waiting a week.
>

> On 28 Oct 2016 9:56 am, "Paul" <paulgir@gmail.com
> <mailto:paulgir@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> I know there has been discussion of this recently.What is the
> current status?
>
> I'm getting data for every channel except TV3+1.Is this
> everyone else's experience (using http://epg.org.nz)?
>
> Or do I have a problem with my system?
>
> Data ran out for this channel about a week ago.
>
> -Paul

Thanks for the info.I don't use the + channels much.But I was beginning
to wonder if I had a weird fault.
Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
On 28 October 2016 at 12:06, Brady, Mike <mike.brady@devnull.net.nz> wrote:

> There is no data for TV3+1 in the downloaded file from epg.org.nz.
>
> I am using mhegepgsnoop and there is data in the stream for TV3+1. I have
> seven days worth.

I also have 7 days from EIT for all of the channels I use including TV3+1

Daniel, maybe your EIT setup is not quite right?
Did you do a channel scan when you switched to EIT? (I don't know if it
would help but I did it and I have had no problems)
Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
I do not have  data for 3+1as well, sorry if this top post sent as it is sent from a tabletStu

CHEERS STU

Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
On 28 October 2016 at 16:33, stugo <stugo@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> I do not have data for 3+1as well, sorry if this top post sent as it is
> sent from a tablet
> Stu
>

> CHEERS STU

I'm using an older myth version and I'm at the moment only able to use the
epg org nz thingy, does anyone know what the issue is??

Tim
Re: No EPG data for TV3+1 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 28 Oct 2016 20:07:33 +1300, you wrote:

>On 28 October 2016 at 16:33, stugo <stugo@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I do not have data for 3+1as well, sorry if this top post sent as it is
>> sent from a tablet
>> Stu
>>

>> CHEERS STU

I do not know what the root of the problem is, but the downloaded EPG
has not had tv3-plus1.freeviewnz.tv data for quite some time now -
more than a month. The file does have a header for the channel at the
start, but no data. I had not noticed myself, as my EPG processing
automatically merges MHEG5 data for all channels in the MHEG5 data but
not found in the downloaded file. This is an extract from my EPG
script that shows how I do it:

echo "Getting MHEG5 EPG data"
/usr/local/bin/do_mhegepgsnoop.sh

# Note: do_mhegepgnsoop.sh leaves its data in
$EPG_server/listings-mheg5.xml.
# If there is no downloaded newer EPG data at the next run of this
# script, that MHEG5 data will be used instead of the downloaded data.

# The MHEG5 data is raw and has not been processed by xmltv-proc-nz.
# So do that now.
echo "Running xmltv-proc-nz on the MHEG5 data"
#/usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz $EPG_server/listings-mheg5.xml
>mheg5.xml
cat $EPG_server/listings-mheg5.xml | /usr/local/bin/xmltv-proc-nz
>mheg5.xml
RET_CODE=$?
if [ $RET_CODE -ne 0 ]; then
cp -a $EPG_server/listings-mheg5.xml mheg5.xml
echo "****** xmltv-proc-nz on MHEG5 Freeview data failed, using
raw data ******"
fi

echo "Merging MHEG5 EPG data"

echo "..sorting downloaded EPG data"
tv_sort --by-channel --output temp.xml freeview.xml
mv temp.xml freeview.xml
echo "..sorting MHEG5 EPG data"
tv_sort --by-channel --output mheg5.xml $EPG_server/listings-mheg5.xml
mkdir downloaded
mkdir mheg5
cd downloaded
tv_split -o %channel.xml ../freeview.xml
cd ../mheg5
tv_split -o %channel.xml ../mheg5.xml
cd ..

merged=0
for splitfile in mheg5/*.xml ; do
#echo $splitfile
splitfile=$(basename $splitfile)
if [ ! -e downloaded/$splitfile ] ; then
echo "..merging MHEG5 $splitfile"
merged=1
tv_merge -i freeview.xml -m mheg5/$splitfile -o temp.xml
mv temp.xml freeview.xml
fi
done

if [ $merged -ne 0 ]; then
# A merge was done, so add back the missing DOCTYPE line.
echo "..adding back missing DOCTYPE line"
awk 'NR==2{print "<!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM \"xmltv.dtd\">"}1'
freeview.xml >temp.xml
mv temp.xml freeview.xml
fi

rm downloaded/*.xml