Mailing List Archive

Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday
I can not see any EPG data later than Saturday in the download at the
moment.

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
With the end of the Schedules Direct trial and the occasional hiccup with
the local downloaded epg I have been trying EIT for the last couple of
weeks and it seems fine. I think it only works for DVB-T though (not sure
about that)

Robert Fisher

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
On 20 October 2016 at 06:02, Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> With the end of the Schedules Direct trial and the occasional hiccup with the local downloaded epg I have been trying EIT for the last couple of weeks and it seems fine. I think it only works for DVB-T though (not sure about that)
>
> Robert Fisher
>

> On 19 Oct 2016 11:59 p.m., "Stephen Worthington" <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>>
>> I can not see any EPG data later than Saturday in the download at the
>> moment.

How many days EIT are there if you use the "tick the EIT box" set up?

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
On 20 October 2016 at 08:08, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing@gmail.com> wrote:

> How many days EIT are there if you use the "tick the EIT box" set up?

Usually 7 days. (At the moment 8 days)

The colour coding in Mythweb seems to be usually only 1 day but everything
else I want is available.
Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 08:14:35 +1300, you wrote:

>On 20 October 2016 at 08:08, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> How many days EIT are there if you use the "tick the EIT box" set up?
>>

>Usually 7 days. (At the moment 8 days)
>
>The colour coding in Mythweb seems to be usually only 1 day but everything
>else I want is available.

The MHEG5 data has always been the full EPG, but a while ago they
started putting it all on EIT also. On DVB-S, there has always been
full EPG on EIT, and on Sky the EPG is also EIT. However, the
postprocessing done on the downloaded data will not be present in the
EIT or MHEG5 data, so you will have the "All New" problem and the
like.

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
I tried turning the EIT back on seeing as the download is missing
TV3+1, bravo+1 and has no data passed Saturday.

But I only seem to be getting now plus next rather then the 5 days
described here.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2016 at 8:42 PM, Stephen Worthington

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
From memory it does not populate instantly.

Robert Fisher

Re: Downloaded EPG stops at Saturday [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 20 Oct 2016 21:33:41 +1300, you wrote:

>I tried turning the EIT back on seeing as the download is missing
>TV3+1, bravo+1 and has no data passed Saturday.
>
>But I only seem to be getting now plus next rather then the 5 days
>described here.

If you can not get EIT to work inside MythTV, then you can always use
epgsnoop, or you can get the MHEG5 EPG with mhegepgsnoop.