I see no change on their on-line TV Guide or on the Freeview on-line
guide yet.

I assume that when our EPG changes we will need to:-

* Edit our <video sources name>.xmltv ?
* Do a channel scan ?

Any comments?

--
Robert
Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
> TVNZ announced that their channel names would change on 1st October.
>
> I see no change on their on-line TV Guide or on the Freeview on-line
> guide yet.
>
> I assume that when our EPG changes we will need to:-
>
> * Edit our <video sources name>.xmltv ?
> * Do a channel scan ?
>
> Any comments?

Only change I've seen so far is that I've had to edit a recording rule for
the 6pm news from One News to 1 News.

Not really a hardship!!

--
Robin Gilks

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
On 02/10/16 09:53, Robin Gilks wrote:
> Only change I've seen so far is that I've had to edit a recording rule for
> the 6pm news from One News to 1 News.
What EPG are you using?
I have seen no changes with Schedules Direct yet.

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 09:53:37 +1300, you wrote:

>> TVNZ announced that their channel names would change on 1st October.
>>
>> I see no change on their on-line TV Guide or on the Freeview on-line
>> guide yet.
>>
>> I assume that when our EPG changes we will need to:-
>>
>> * Edit our <video sources name>.xmltv ?
>> * Do a channel scan ?
>>
>> Any comments?
>
>Only change I've seen so far is that I've had to edit a recording rule for
>the 6pm news from One News to 1 News.
>
>Not really a hardship!!

I just did a scan of the FreeviewHD DVB-T and Freeview DVB-S muxes and
changes seem to just be the channel names:

TV One => TVNZ 1
TV2 => TVNZ 2
TV One Plus 1 => TVNZ 1 +1
TV2+1 => TVNZ 2 +1
DUKE => TVNZ DUKE

All the other scan data is still the same. The downloaded EPG has not
changed xmltvids - there is probably no reason for them to change as
they are arbitrarily assigned, and are not present in the EPG data
actually broadcast on the channels.

Warning: If you re-scan, as well as changing the channel names, you
are likely to change the channel.callsign field which is used in
record.station as the way to match a recording rule to a channel. I
believe the callsign is created from the name data received in a scan.
So all your prior recording rules will stop matching on the renamed
channels! I think I will be digging a bit deeper into the database to
see if there are any other problems like that, then probably changing
my names and callsigns using SQL that will also change all the
recording rules and any other references like that. In the mean time,
I can not see any problems will just leaving the old channel names and
callsigns for a few days, until I can work out a safe fix. Unless the
xmltvids in the downloaded EPG change, there should be no problems
from doing that. I will post my SQL when it is ready, for anyone who
wants to use it.

Anyone using EPG from mheghpgsnoop will need to check to see if it
will still match the downloaded channel names to the xmltvids in the
database. If it does not, then you will need to create and use a
channel map file to do the matching manually until the channel names
and callsigns get changed and the automatic matching works again.

Thanks for the heads up on the One News name change - I had missed
that. Has anyone spotted any others?

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
When I ran the "Channel Editor" I also updated to the new icons.

Why do they not show immediately in MythWeb or on my frontends?
They do show on the MythTV Frontend app on my Linux PC.

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 4 Oct 2016 20:10:48 +1300, you wrote:

>When I ran the "Channel Editor" I also updated to the new icons.
>
>Why do they not show immediately in MythWeb or on my frontends?
>They do show on the MythTV Frontend app on my Linux PC.

Are you using the new setup as of 0.27? If not, then you have to
update lots of different places with the new icons. See:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Channel_icons

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
When I should have been sleeping I remembered a hint I had been given by
Rory.....

/It's usually a good idea to empty the /var/cache/mythweb/image_cache/
folder when updating icons./

This was the simple fix.
Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
I spoke too soon.
That has fixed MythWeb icons but not my frontends.
More work needed (after work).

--
Robert Fisher
Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
On 05/10/16 08:42, Robert Fisher wrote:
> I spoke too soon.
> That has fixed MythWeb icons but not my frontends.
> More work needed (after work).
I think the problem is possibly with the Kodi frontends.

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
On 05/10/16 16:00, Robert Fisher wrote:
> I think the problem is possibly with the Kodi frontends.
Yep. That was it.

I disabled the MythTV PVR addon, rebooted, enabled it again and now I
have the new icons (on 3 Kodi frontends)

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
There is an option in the Kodi settings to reset this:

Settings > TV > General > Clear Data

This will definitely reset the guide cache, not sure if it does icons as
well.

Re: TVNZ to re-brand channel names [ In reply to ]
No it did not reset the icons unfortunately. (I tried that)

Rob Fisher