channels but there are channels with no data for several days, had a
quick look at freeview.xml.gz and it looks like it's missing the data.

Mark

Re: NZ grabber missing program data [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:50:48 +1300, you wrote:

>I don't know when it happened but my wife pointed out our program guide
>had no data.  Ran mythfilldatabase and it populated a number of
>channels but there are channels with no data for several days, had a
>quick look at freeview.xml.gz and it looks like it's missing the data.
>
>Mark

I am not seeing any problem - I have data out to next Wednesday except
for TV3 which only goes to Tuesday. Have you got some examples of the
gaps I can check for?

Re: NZ grabber missing program data [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 21:21 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:50:48 +1300, you wrote:
>

> > I don't know when it happened but my wife pointed out our program
> > guide
> > had no data.  Ran mythfilldatabase and it populated a number of
> > channels but there are channels with no data for several days, had
> > quick look at freeview.xml.gz and it looks like it's missing the
> > data.
> >
> > Mark
> I am not seeing any problem - I have data out to next Wednesday
> except
> for TV3 which only goes to Tuesday.  Have you got some examples of
> the
> gaps I can check for?

No data today for TV1, TV3, TV2+1 (there may be others)
Also no data from for TV3
Data for these channels starts again at around midnight on Thursday.

Mark

Re: NZ grabber missing program data [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:43:49 +1300, you wrote:

>On Wed, 2016-09-28 at 21:21 +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 20:50:48 +1300, you wrote:
>>

>> > I don't know when it happened but my wife pointed out our program
>> > guide
>> > had no data.  Ran mythfilldatabase and it populated a number of
>> > channels but there are channels with no data for several days, had
>> > quick look at freeview.xml.gz and it looks like it's missing the
>> > data.
>> >
>> > Mark
>> I am not seeing any problem - I have data out to next Wednesday
>> except
>> for TV3 which only goes to Tuesday.  Have you got some examples of
>> the
>> gaps I can check for?
>
>No data today for TV1, TV3, TV2+1 (there may be others)
>Also no data from for TV3
>Data for these channels starts again at around midnight on Thursday.
>
>Mark

I do not have any gaps like that. I did have a gap or two that might
have been those times about a week ago, but it got filled in the next
day. And I just downloaded the freeview.xml.gz file a minute ago and
manually checked and for TV One the data for today seems to all be
there.

To fix things immediately, you might like to do this to manually
download the EPG and forcibly update it into the database. Do this
from your mythfrontend user:

wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
gzip -d freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --only-update-guide --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile
freeview.xml

Change the sourceid value to the correct sourceid for your database.

Re: NZ grabber missing program data [ In reply to ]
> wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
> gzip -d freeview.xml.gz
> mythfilldatabase --only-update-guide --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile
> freeview.xml

I do something very similar to this from a cron job.

Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804

Re: NZ grabber missing program data [ In reply to ]
On 28/09/2016 10:41 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:43:49 +1300, you wrote:

>>> I am not seeing any problem - I have data out to next Wednesday
>>> except
>>> for TV3 which only goes to Tuesday. Have you got some examples of
>>> the
>>> gaps I can check for?
>> No data today for TV1, TV3, TV2+1 (there may be others)
>> Also no data from for TV3
>> Data for these channels starts again at around midnight on Thursday.
>>
>> Mark
> I do not have any gaps like that. I did have a gap or two that might
> have been those times about a week ago, but it got filled in the next
> day. And I just downloaded the freeview.xml.gz file a minute ago and
> manually checked and for TV One the data for today seems to all be
> there.
>
> To fix things immediately, you might like to do this to manually
> download the EPG and forcibly update it into the database. Do this
> from your mythfrontend user:
>
> wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
> gzip -d freeview.xml.gz
> mythfilldatabase --only-update-guide --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile
> freeview.xml
>
> Change the sourceid value to the correct sourceid for your database.

The downloaded xml was missing the data for the problematic channels.
It appears okay now though.

Mark