Mailing List Archive

Default recording rules question
I'm using my Mythbuntu 16.04 install routinely,now.I have noticed that the
default recording profile has the post processing advert flagging job
checked.
How do I change this globally? I already have "allow commercial detection
jobs" on backend setup page 8 (job queue) unchecked.
This is a combined BE/FE system.

Re: Default recording rules question [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 10:18:55 +1200, you wrote:

>I'm using my Mythbuntu 16.04 install routinely,now.I have noticed that the
>default recording profile has the post processing advert flagging job
>checked.
>How do I change this globally? I already have "allow commercial detection
>jobs" on backend setup page 8 (job queue) unchecked.
>This is a combined BE/FE system.

You can edit the template used to create new recording rules. Go to
Manage Recordings > Recording Rules. Do Ctrl-S to bring up the search
box and use it to search for the template, which has the full name
"Default (Template)". "def" in the search box should find it. Esc to
exit the search box, the Enter to edit the template, which is very
similar to a normal recording rule. Do not forget to Save before
exiting.

It is possible to create new templates, if you have frequent need for
a completely different set of defaults. When you first create a
recording rule, it is created using the Default template, but while
you are in the screen where you edit a rule, you can use M (menu) > up
arrow (to the bottom item on that menu, normally not showing in most
Themes due to the length of the menu), then Enter on Use Template and
select the template you want to apply. I have a template I use to
change things for Sky recordings I make for my mother, so they can be
more easily transferred to her MythTV box. To create a new template,
go to the Recording Rules screen again, M > up arrow and Enter on New
Template.

Changes to a template only affect new rules created with the template.
If you need to alter the same thing in a large number of old recording
rules, there is no easy way to do it, and SQL is probably the only
practical way.