Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 17:00:47 +1200
Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:

> On 13/09/16 16:46, Austin Green wrote:
> > 1. It crashes in 'configure' mode when it reaches Maori TV, which has an A-macron unicode character. I have fixed that; if anyone wants a copy of the modified script, please say.
> Maybe Hadley should have it on his website so that it works for everybody.

Good idea ...

Re: Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py [ In reply to ]
Now my modified tv_grab_nz-py script runs OK in mythtv-setup, but, although it now echoes the user responses ('y' or 'n') on the screen, it writes the config file as if all responses had been 'n'. When I run it from the command line, it works properly. Any ideas what's going on here? A MythTV problem, or still something bad about the script? Unclear how to debug it.
Austin.

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:10:25 +1200

Re: Schedules Direct vs epg.org.nz vs tv_grab_nz-py [ In reply to ]
On 14 September 2016 at 16:53, Austin Green <austin.green@orcon.net.nz> wrote:
> Now my modified tv_grab_nz-py script runs OK in mythtv-setup, but, although it now echoes the user responses ('y' or 'n') on the screen, it writes the config file as if all responses had been 'n'. When I run it from the command line, it works properly. Any ideas what's going on here? A MythTV problem, or still something bad about the script? Unclear how to debug it.
> Austin.
>
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2016 14:10:25 +1200
> Robert Fisher <robert@fisher.net.nz> wrote:
>
>> I have recently tried/played with EIT, tv_grab_nz-py and Schedules Direct
>> and because it is fresh in my mind last night helped someone (assisted by
>> TeamViewer and Duo) to change their grabber.
>>
>> I am happy to help others too (as I am sure there are others on this list
>> happy to help).
>>
>> --
>> Robert Fisher

With respect, can we please keep this to a SD vs EIT vs tv_grab_nz-py
discussion, rather than branching into a technical discussion on
issues/fixes with tv_grab_nz-py?