Mailing List Archive

Schedules Direct in NZ (and AU)
[I work for Schedules Direct and created the JSON service]

I have seen a number of users taking advantage of the trial offer.
Thanks for that. Your feedback is important for us to determine if our
upstream has good data quality, and if there are issues, we will work
with you (and them) to get them resolved.

I don't want to use the forum as a means of troubleshooting because I
wouldn't want to expose personal information inadvertently. If you
open a ticket at the Schedules Direct website (where you created your
account) we will triage as soon as possible. If _you_ give permission
in the ticket to share it on the mythtvnz mailing list, then we can
potentially discuss it here depending on your issue, but until then
your email to us will remain private.

MythTV doesn't have a native JSON grabber, as opposed to other
applications that do, such as EPG123, NextPVR, Emby, etc. That means
that when we troubleshoot an issue, there is an additional layer to
work through; the JSON->XML converter. Since you're all using MythTV,
I'll assume it's one of the two JSON->XML converters from the XMLTV
project. It adds complexity.

Since I don't use those JSON->XML grabbers, I can't really assist with
that; you'd need to ask on the xmltv-user mailing list for grabber
issues or how to get it configured.

If there are data issues, when you open a ticket, the more details,
the better. All of our raw data is in "Z" time, so referencing that as
opposed to local time helps because I can fairly quickly find that in
the raw data to determine what's happening and if it's a raw data
issue upstream, or if my ingest routine isn't doing the right thing.