Mailing List Archive

1 2 3  View All
Re: Schedules Direct trial for NZ [ In reply to ]
On 4 September 2016 at 20:56, criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:
> On 04/09/16 20:43, Curtis Walker wrote:
>
> I've just ponied up the $25USD for a year's subs. The quality of the
> data is definitely a step up on previous, and I do like the look of
> all my channels now having guide data (damn OCD). Worth supporting.
>
> Hopefully with user feedback the small kinks and errors will be
> resolved. I guess it'll be a good chance to see how good the customer
> service is in that regard!
>

> I thought the whole point of the 90 day trial was that no refunds had to be
> done if it didn't go ahead.
>

> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.org.nz/

90 days? That'll teach me not to read the small print. I got an email
saying my 7 day trial was about to expire, and the cause seems worth
supporting.... oh well!

Re: Schedules Direct trial for NZ [ In reply to ]
On 4 September 2016 at 21:15, Curtis Walker <sultanoswing@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 September 2016 at 20:56, criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:
>> On 04/09/16 20:43, Curtis Walker wrote:
>>
>> I've just ponied up the $25USD for a year's subs. The quality of the
>> data is definitely a step up on previous, and I do like the look of
>> all my channels now having guide data (damn OCD). Worth supporting.
>>
>> Hopefully with user feedback the small kinks and errors will be
>> resolved. I guess it'll be a good chance to see how good the customer
>> service is in that regard!
>>

>> I thought the whole point of the 90 day trial was that no refunds had to be
>> done if it didn't go ahead.
>>

>> --
>> Criggie
>>
>> http://criggie.org.nz/

> 90 days? That'll teach me not to read the small print. I got an email
> saying my 7 day trial was about to expire, and the cause seems worth
> supporting.... oh well!

Oh....
http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2841

Re: Schedules Direct trial for NZ [ In reply to ]
See my notes at the bottom.

On 31/08/16 10:53, Rory Grant wrote:

> [...]
> field.
>
> You can get this info by running
>
> tv_grab_sd_json | grep -A1 '<channel id="' > output.txt
>
> Or, you can use the handy table that I've compiled already:
>
> *XMLTV ID* *Display Name* *#*
> INZ406723.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406723.json.schedulesdirect.org> TV ONE 001
> INZ406725.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406725.json.schedulesdirect.org> TV2 002
> INZ406726.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406726.json.schedulesdirect.org> TV3 003
> INZ431675.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431675.json.schedulesdirect.org> Bravo 004
> INZ406728.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406728.json.schedulesdirect.org> Maori Television 005
> INZ430333.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ430333.json.schedulesdirect.org> TVONE +1 006
> INZ431132.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431132.json.schedulesdirect.org> TV2 +1 007
> INZ406735.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406735.json.schedulesdirect.org> TV3 PLUS 1 008
> INZ431676.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431676.json.schedulesdirect.org> Bravo Plus 1 009
> INZ410759.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ410759.json.schedulesdirect.org> Prime NZ 010
> INZ431295.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431295.json.schedulesdirect.org> The Edge TV 011
> INZ429922.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ429922.json.schedulesdirect.org> Choice TV 012
> INZ431540.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431540.json.schedulesdirect.org> DUKE 013
> INZ431179.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431179.json.schedulesdirect.org> Te Reo 015
> INZ431268.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431268.json.schedulesdirect.org> Al Jazeera NZ 016
> INZ431677.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431677.json.schedulesdirect.org> HGTV 017
> INZ430670.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ430670.json.schedulesdirect.org> Firstlight 026
> INZ431608.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431608.json.schedulesdirect.org> Hope Channel 027
> INZ406728.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406728.json.schedulesdirect.org> Parliament TV 031
> INZ431075.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ431075.json.schedulesdirect.org> Canterbury Television 040
> INZ406795.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406795.json.schedulesdirect.org> Radio NZ National 050
> INZ406796.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406796.json.schedulesdirect.org> Radio NZ Concert 051
> INZ406797.json.schedulesdirect.org
> <http://INZ406797.json.schedulesdirect.org> Base FM 071
>

> *8. Fill your boots / database*
>
> close mythtv-setup, restart your backend cross your appendages and run:
>
> mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all
>

> All the usual disclaimers apply. I am not an expert, this is simply
> what has worked for me.
>
> The Schedules Direct data does seem to be of a higher quality, and my
> recording rules still seem to work. There is no guide data for Shine
> TV, nor for some of the regional channels such as Dunedin TV.

My notes for step 4 are a bit different than Rory's:- YMMV

4. configure your Schedules direct grabber
tv_grab_sd_json --configure

Follow the on screen prompts. I chose to use a "channels" config,
rather than a "lineup" config because I wanted a more fine-grained
control over my listings. I don't know whether this is worthwhile or
not. YMMV. Our country code is NZL

This creates a .conf file in your ~/.xmltv folder
I then copied as follows:-
sudo cp ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_sd_json.conf~/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
and
sudo cp ~/.xmltv/tv_grab_sd_json.conf
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
then edit the cache line in /home/mythtv/.mythtv/SchedulesDirect.xmltv
cache=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/tv_grab_sd_json.cache

If the cache line is not edited mythfilldatabase, when run with user
mythtv will give error.....
FAILED: XMLTV grabber returned error code 13

The name of the xmltv file should match the name of the Video Source
that you set up in step 5 below. (e.g. SchedulesDirect.xmltv)

1 2 3  View All