Mailing List Archive

commection refused
Upgrade to 16.04 and myth 0.28 and everything was working okay apart
from mythweb which i don't really care about.

mysql upgraded and now my backend is refusing connections from the frontend.

I can watch live tv and recordings on my backend nut not accepting
remote connections.

Error message is
mythsocket.cpp 739 Failed to connect connect to host (ip address)
connection refused

Output from netstat
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6543 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6544 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6549 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
tcp 0 0 127.0.1.1:53 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 3673/dnsmasq
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3000 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 4937/ntop
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6554 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 3657/mythbackend

The ip address is correct any help welcome

Re: commection refused [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 4 Aug 2016 20:00:53 +1200, you wrote:

>Upgrade to 16.04 and myth 0.28 and everything was working okay apart
>from mythweb which i don't really care about.
>
>mysql upgraded and now my backend is refusing connections from the frontend.
>
>I can watch live tv and recordings on my backend nut not accepting
>remote connections.
>
>Error message is
>mythsocket.cpp 739 Failed to connect connect to host (ip address)
>connection refused
>
>Output from netstat
>tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6543 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
>tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6544 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
>tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6549 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
>tcp 0 0 127.0.1.1:53 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 3673/dnsmasq
>tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3000 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 4937/ntop
>tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:6554 0.0.0.0:*
>LISTEN 3657/mythbackend
>
>The ip address is correct any help welcome

Mythbackend seems to be listening on localhost only. It needs to be
set to listen on all IP addresses (0.0.0.0) or on the external IP
address of the box. But why would it have changed if it was working
before?

If you are happy with doing an SQL query, this should show you the
relevant settings:

mysql> select * from settings where value like '%ServerIP';
+-----------------+----------+----------+
| value | data | hostname |
+-----------------+----------+----------+
| MasterServerIP | 10.0.2.4 | NULL |
| BackendServerIP | 10.0.2.4 | mypvr |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Yours should look like mine (but with different IP addresses and
hostname), as we are both allowing external connections. But it looks
like it will have 127.0.0.1 or localhost as the settings.

To get mythweb working, check if Apache is starting up. There are
some config changes that may need to be made to get it to start. Take
a look at the log files in /var/log/apache2 - probably error.log
first.