Mailing List Archive

[SOLVED] Re: In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1
On Monday, 1 August 2016 11:41:00 AM NZST Scott Newton wrote:
> 3. KODI - THIS DOESN'T WORK. You can't install without removing your entire
> mythtv install...
>
> Kodi requires libtag1v5 while mythtv requires libtag1c2a. If you try to
> install libtag1v5 then you are asked to remove all the following packages:

This was interesting...

Raised this as a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1609169) and one of the
maintainers came back to me saying mythtv in Xenial does use libtag1v5 and did
I have any other ppa's that could have caused the problem?

Long story short (see bug report for long story) for some reason the upgrade
didn't upgrade libtag1 (though why I don't know - it wasn't a dependency on
any of the other ppa's I had enabled).

Solution was to uninstall mythtv (apt remove) and then I installed kodi and
then mythtv and everything started working again. The interesting bit was that
when I was removing mythtv the libtag1c2a and libtag1c2a-vanilla were both
marked as still from the trusty repository.

Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who has a similar issue.

--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: [SOLVED] Re: In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 04 Aug 2016 14:36:52 +1200, you wrote:

>On Monday, 1 August 2016 11:41:00 AM NZST Scott Newton wrote:
>> 3. KODI - THIS DOESN'T WORK. You can't install without removing your entire
>> mythtv install...
>>
>> Kodi requires libtag1v5 while mythtv requires libtag1c2a. If you try to
>> install libtag1v5 then you are asked to remove all the following packages:
>
>This was interesting...
>
>Raised this as a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1609169) and one of the
>maintainers came back to me saying mythtv in Xenial does use libtag1v5 and did
>I have any other ppa's that could have caused the problem?
>
>Long story short (see bug report for long story) for some reason the upgrade
>didn't upgrade libtag1 (though why I don't know - it wasn't a dependency on
>any of the other ppa's I had enabled).
>
>Solution was to uninstall mythtv (apt remove) and then I installed kodi and
>then mythtv and everything started working again. The interesting bit was that
>when I was removing mythtv the libtag1c2a and libtag1c2a-vanilla were both
>marked as still from the trusty repository.
>
>Anyway, hope this helps anyone else who has a similar issue.

Check your settings for repositories in /etc/apt and
/etc/apt/sources.list.d. You may have an line in one of the .list
files that has a trusty repository and has not been commented out as
is should have been. Mythbuntu Control Centre seems to have a problem
with finding all the old repository lines and can miss one. I have
always found it best to manually check all the .list files after
changing MythTV versions and upgrading Ubuntu versions as I have often
found old repositories still enabled. If you do find an old one still
enabled, comment it out then run "apt update" and "apt-get
dist-upgrade" or "apt full-upgrade" to fix any residual problems.

Re: [SOLVED] Re: In place upgrade of Mythbuntu 16.04.1 [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 4 August 2016 4:22:15 PM NZST Stephen Worthington wrote:
> Check your settings for repositories in /etc/apt and
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d. You may have an line in one of the .list
> files that has a trusty repository and has not been commented out as
> is should have been. Mythbuntu Control Centre seems to have a problem
> with finding all the old repository lines and can miss one. I have
> always found it best to manually check all the .list files after
> changing MythTV versions and upgrading Ubuntu versions as I have often
> found old repositories still enabled. If you do find an old one still
> enabled, comment it out then run "apt update" and "apt-get
> dist-upgrade" or "apt full-upgrade" to fix any residual problems.

I did. With a fine tooth comb. Nothing was referencing trusty. Removed all the
.save files as well. Even removed all the repo lists in /var/lib/apt/lists so
that I got completely new ones. Still said mythtv required libtag1a2c.

All sorted now but still can't explain what happened.

--
Regards
Scott Newton