Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On 7 October 2016 at 13:36, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 12:50:06 +1300, you wrote:

>>> You can call me impatient if you like but I do not know what to do next.
>>> Surely I cannot be the only one worried about epg data running out.
>>>

>>You could use the EIT data for the missing channels.
>>
>>Cheers
>>Bruce
>
> Or use mhegepgsnoop.

With the early demise of Schedules Direct I might have to actually get
mhegepgsnoop working. I got it downloaded and running, but it spits
out a black file, even though it looks to be pointing at my adapter
card directly.

Other than the readme (which is helpful to a point) are there any
other dummies guides to integrating it into a mythtv setup?

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 16:36:59 +1300, you wrote:

>On 7 October 2016 at 13:36, Stephen Worthington
><stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>>You could use the EIT data for the missing channels.
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>Bruce
>>
>> Or use mhegepgsnoop.

>With the early demise of Schedules Direct I might have to actually get
>mhegepgsnoop working. I got it downloaded and running, but it spits
>out a black file, even though it looks to be pointing at my adapter
>card directly.
>
>Other than the readme (which is helpful to a point) are there any
>other dummies guides to integrating it into a mythtv setup?

The simple way to do it is as a cron job, where you run mhepgsnoop to
produce an EPG file, say freeview.xml, and then run:

mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid <yoursourceid> --xmlfile
freeview.xml

I have not tried it, but apparently the Freeview DVB-T channels now
have the same EPG data on EIT as they do on MHEG5, so you may just be
able to set MythTV to collect EIT data automatically from one or more
DVB-T tuner.

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 07 Oct 2016 18:31:24 +1300, you wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 16:36:59 +1300, you wrote:
>
>>On 7 October 2016 at 13:36, Stephen Worthington
>><stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

>>> Or use mhegepgsnoop.

>>With the early demise of Schedules Direct I might have to actually get
>>mhegepgsnoop working. I got it downloaded and running, but it spits
>>out a black file, even though it looks to be pointing at my adapter
>>card directly.
>>
>>Other than the readme (which is helpful to a point) are there any
>>other dummies guides to integrating it into a mythtv setup?
>
>The simple way to do it is as a cron job, where you run mhepgsnoop to
>produce an EPG file, say freeview.xml, and then run:
>
>mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid <yoursourceid> --xmlfile
>freeview.xml
>
>I have not tried it, but apparently the Freeview DVB-T channels now
>have the same EPG data on EIT as they do on MHEG5, so you may just be
>able to set MythTV to collect EIT data automatically from one or more
>DVB-T tuner.

And I normally add the --only-update-guide option to mythfilldatabase,
so it does not try to do any channel changes, which does not work well
in NZ.

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
Is it possible to snoop mheg data from dvb-s? The only dvb-t I have is an
HDHomeRun on the network

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, 6 October 2016 10:51:48 PM NZDT Curtis Walker wrote:
> I agree. It is very concerning that there are some programes on Duke
> you do record. I suggest professional help ;)

It's OK. I don't watch THOSE programs... Just the occasional good ones like
The Flash, Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow :-)

--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: Bravo + DUKE [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 7 Oct 2016 20:37:07 +1300, you wrote:

>Is it possible to snoop mheg data from dvb-s? The only dvb-t I have is an
>HDHomeRun on the network

No. MHEG5 is not transmitted on DVB-S. But DVB-S does have full EIT
EPG, so you can use that, either via the builtin MythTV EIT
capability, or using epgsnoop externally. I use epgsnoop for the Sky
channels, but have tested it in the past on Freeview DVB-S and it
worked fine.