What else culd be wrong? There is nothing untoward in the logs that I
acn see...

Worik
--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I voted for love

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 09 Jun 2016 15:01:11 +1200, worik <worik.stanton@gmail.com> wrote:

> Friends
>
> I have a weird problem. I have cchanged my antenna connection. In
> mythtv-setup I can see my two USB DVB-T tuners and I can scan for
> channels and it seems to detect channels normaly.
>
> But when using it I cannot tune when recording and I cannot watch live
> TV.
>
> I would assume I have an antenna problem but surely I would not have a
> successful scan in that case? Is that correct?
>
> What else culd be wrong? There is nothing untoward in the logs that I
> acn see...
>
> Worik

You could install a basic tuner app like metv or kaffeine and see if that
works.I did this before I did my initial mythTV installation.

-Paul

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
Borderline signal level which is enough for scanning but not enough for
error-free decoding? Try femon to see what signal level and SNR and error
rate are.

Sent using CloudMagic Email
[https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=8.5.38&pv=5.1.1&source=email_footer_2&ln=en]
On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 3:02 PM, worik < worik.stanton@gmail.com

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
On 09/06/16 16:12, David Moore wrote:
> Borderline signal level which is enough for scanning but not enough for
> error-free decoding? Try femon to see what signal level and SNR and
> error rate are.

For adapter 0 I get signal around 0x43cc and snr around 0x00b0. For
adapter 1 I get signal and snr at 0. I assume that is a bad sign fr
adapter 1! Is it OK for adapter 0?

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
Not sure. Try the -h (or -H) option for human readable values.

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 5:03 PM, worik < worik.stanton@gmail.com

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
On 09/06/16 17:06, David Moore wrote:
> Not sure. Try the -h (or -H) option for human readable values.

-H

Both are getting 0 now.

Progress. Thanks.

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
Zero for all values? I recall 70% for level, around 2.5 dB for SNR. 0 good
for errors though. :)

Maybe your hardware doesn't support monitoring properly?

On Thu, Jun 09, 2016 at 5:20 PM, worik < worik.stanton@gmail.com

Re: Can scan channels but not tune... [ In reply to ]
tl;dr my antenna connection was faulty

On 09/06/16 17:06, David Moore wrote:
> Not sure. Try the -h (or -H) option for human readable values.

femon -H

But it is complaining that "Resource temporarily unavailable"

The mythbackend is shutdown, lsof /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 reports
nothing and "me-tv --devices=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0" works. Happily
scanned and puts picturs on th screen (no sound on my backend).

I suspect if I rebooted... Some bug or obscure feature in femon

But this is all after I re-engineered the connection to the antenna.
Now I can get TV clear on one tuner and nothing or very distorted on
the on the other.

The third tuner is not detedted. But the problem we are discussing here
was due, IMO, to a faulty antenna connection

Thanks all and I will discuss adding tners in a new thread if I have to.
I have seen it go by on the list...