Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: WAF [ In reply to ]
Back from our holiday and I can now report that it was surprisingly easy to
set up the Harmony Remote for LibreELEC on my Intel NUC, especially when I
realised that the IR sensor was not behind the small hole on the side of
the NUC.

Any suggestions about where I should post a "how to" of about 4 simple
steps?

Robert Fisher

Re: WAF [ In reply to ]
On 30/04/16 19:01, Robert Fisher wrote:
> Any suggestions about where I should post a "how to" of about 4 simple steps?

Right here works fine - google indexes the various archives, just use
the keywords "solved" and "howto".

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: WAF [ In reply to ]
Great. I would love to say on my page at shoelace.altervista.org but reddit
has a good bunch of pages for mythtv too :-)

Re: WAF [ In reply to ]
On the kodi wiki, assuming of course that you aren't replicating what is
already there.

Re: WAF [ In reply to ]
In case it is helpful to others........here are the hiccups with my MythTV
project

Because I am self taught (with help from CLUG and Google), I ended up with
projects within a project.

Backend installation was relatively easy, especially with help from my
friend and neighbour Nick Rout.

*Gotchas I found with backend:-*

- Don't add the IPv6 address.

Changing the auto generated password for user mythtv has to be done in

- mysql
- /etc/mythtv/config.XML
- /etc/apache2/sites-available/mythweb.conf
- and in the frontend setup

*Problems with grabber:-*

tv_grab_nz-py --configure --config-file ~/.mythtv/<video sources name>.xmltv
did not work (apparent there are currently known issues at the moment)

I copied and edited Nicks Freeview.xmltv to
/home/robert/.mythtv/Freeview.xmltv

Because I put in in the wrong place manual mythfilldatabase worked
but the auto updates did not. A symlink fixed that.

*Frontends:-*

I use KODI on 2 x Amazon FireTVs, a Google Nexus Player and now with
LibreELEC on an Intel NUC

The older FireTv and Nexus Player seem problematic when FF or Rewinding.
The latest model FireTV is OK
The NUC is fantastic

*Harmony Remote for LibreELEC:-*
Simple in the end and documented elsewhere.

1 2  View All