its web page and saw that, whatever it is, it allows recording by genre.
I deduce it must have better guide data then.

Is this old news? Is anyone parsing the guide data?

Re: FreeviewPlus Guide [ In reply to ]
I thought it was just on demand via your settopbox ie just tvnz and tv3
ondemand

On 22 September 2015 at 08:27, Aaron Pelly <apelly@monkeymasters.co.nz>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I just heard about FreeviewPlus. I wasted ten seconds scrolling through
> its web page and saw that, whatever it is, it allows recording by genre. I
> deduce it must have better guide data then.
>
> Is this old news? Is anyone parsing the guide data?

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely
pointless. " - Calvin
Re: FreeviewPlus Guide [ In reply to ]
On 22/09/15 10:45, Jason Taylor wrote:
> I thought it was just on demand via your settopbox ie just tvnz and
> tv3 ondemand

From http://www.freeviewnz.tv/freeview/freeviewplus/

Browse by genre

In the mood for a spot of comedy? Perhaps a doco? Or the latest crime
drama? Now you can browse all the live and on demand TV and movies in
one place with FreeviewPlus, to find just what you’re in the mood for.

Re: FreeviewPlus Guide [ In reply to ]
And there's a Freeview app! It's as crap as you'd expect of course, but
again, it seems to have better guide data. Has anyone investigated where
this comes from?

Idle questions caused by being away from home.

Re: FreeviewPlus Guide [ In reply to ]
On 29/09/15 08:16, Aaron Pelly wrote:
> And there's a Freeview app! It's as crap as you'd expect of course,
> but again, it seems to have better guide data. Has anyone investigated
> where this comes from?
>
> Idle questions caused by being away from home.

Oops. Accidental top post.