Mailing List Archive

Crazy request
Hi,

Is there anyone out there (in Auckland) who can build and install for me
a MythTV setup.

I had one for years but the HDD finally died and the friend who set it
up for me is too busy to make a new one.

I have been forced to fall back on MySky and can't believe how
antiquated it is. (Imagine resorting to paper - SkyWatch - to choose
programs). It is driving me crazy.

I'm happy to buy you whatever hardware and software you want and to pay
you a (reasonable) amount for your time.

You can reply to me directly offline at mspencer@msa.co.nz
<mailto:mspencer@msa.co.nz> .

Thanks,

Martin.

Martin Spencer

mspencer@msa.co.nz <mailto:mspencer@msa.co.nz>

+64(9)304-0730
Re: Crazy request [ In reply to ]
On 13/09/15 20:04, Martin Spencer wrote:

> Is there anyone out there (in Auckland) who can build and install for
> me a MythTV setup.
>
> I had one for years but the HDD finally died and the friend who set it
> up for me is too busy to make a new one.
>
> I have been forced to fall back on MySky and can’t believe how
> antiquated it is. (Imagine resorting to paper – SkyWatch – to choose
> programs). It is driving me crazy.
>
> I’m happy to buy you whatever hardware and software you want and to
> pay you a (reasonable) amount for your time.

Give it a try yourself - its not as hard as it used to be.

Consider building the new one with a raid.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/
Re: Crazy request [ In reply to ]
I would love to Criggie, but I just don't have the time. I am too busy
doubling the size of my data centre! www.datacentre.co.nz. You might be
surprised how much software (apart from the hardware) is involved.

Martin Spencer