Mailing List Archive

mythfilldatabase not running
Hi - for quite a while now, my mythfilldatabase has not been running on
schedule. I've been meaning to ask about it but every time I get around to it,
my back end is recording - eg now, Dr Who :-) So can't be too specific about
the back end settings.

It stopped a while ago, so I am not sure if it was after an upgrade or
anything else I might have done. I have been running it as a ordinary user,
and can run it successfully as the mythtv user on the back end.

I don't see anything in the mythbackend.log that gives me a clue, and I don't
seem to be getting a mythfilldatabase.log any more.

I set MythFillDatabaseArgs to --loglevel debug --logpath /var/log/mythtv -v
xmltv

and MythFillDatabasePath is /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase

Using these on the command line gives me a log file and works fine.

I have done some googleing and so forth, but have yet to come up with a
solution, or even how to find out if it is even trying to run.

So - any ideas? How to fix or where to look?
Cheers,

Don
--
Don Robertson