I have a show set to record using:
Record one showing of this title every day.

However mythtv is recording this show twice, once on the primary
channel and once on the +1 channel.

I'm I wrong in assuming that this means Record One regardless of
channel rather then record once on every channel it gets found on.

Cheers,
Daniel Hughes

Re: Record One Showing every day records twice [ In reply to ]
On 05/07/15 19:09, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> I have a show set to record using:
> Record one showing of this title every day.
>
> However mythtv is recording this show twice, once on the primary
> channel and once on the +1 channel.
>

> I'm I wrong in assuming that this means Record One regardless of
> channel rather then record once on every channel it gets found on.

Its seeing the +1 schedule as a different program that matches the same
"record once a day"

If you have sufficient tuners, consider
* deleting all the +1 channels,
* set the recording to "record one showing of this title on this
channel" or similar wording

I have a vague memory that in myth-setup you can tell the +1 channel
that its the same as the first channel, but the details escape me.
Anyone else got better memories ?

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Record One Showing every day records twice [ In reply to ]
On 5 July 2015 at 19:50, criggie <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:

> On 05/07/15 19:09, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> > I have a show set to record using:
> > Record one showing of this title every day.
> >
> > However mythtv is recording this show twice, once on the primary
> > channel and once on the +1 channel.
> >

> > I'm I wrong in assuming that this means Record One regardless of
> > channel rather then record once on every channel it gets found on.
> >

> Its seeing the +1 schedule as a different program that matches the same
> "record once a day"
>
> If you have sufficient tuners, consider
> * deleting all the +1 channels,
> * set the recording to "record one showing of this title on this
> channel" or similar wording
>
> I have a vague memory that in myth-setup you can tell the +1 channel
> that its the same as the first channel, but the details escape me.
> Anyone else got better memories ?

In MythWeb you can set a "This channel" checkbox in the Filters section for
a recording schedule, this is how I avoid this problem. Where it is in the
frontend depends a bit on the theme you have selected.
Re: Record One Showing every day records twice [ In reply to ]
> I have a show set to record using:
> Record one showing of this title every day.
>
> However mythtv is recording this show twice, once on the primary
> channel and once on the +1 channel.

I thought the every day and every week functions had gone from the
frontend although the backend still understands them.

I'd absolutely LOVE to be able to schedule once a week for all the
programs that get repeated 3-4 times a week (prime time, early morning,
mid afternoon, in 6 days!!)

I'm still looking for a tick box (or something) that actually works to
provide this functionality :(

--
Robin Gilks

Re: Record One Showing every day records twice [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 23:48:42 +1200, you wrote:

>> I have a show set to record using:
>> Record one showing of this title every day.
>>
>> However mythtv is recording this show twice, once on the primary
>> channel and once on the +1 channel.
>
>I thought the every day and every week functions had gone from the
>frontend although the backend still understands them.
>
>I'd absolutely LOVE to be able to schedule once a week for all the
>programs that get repeated 3-4 times a week (prime time, early morning,
>mid afternoon, in 6 days!!)
>
>I'm still looking for a tick box (or something) that actually works to
>provide this functionality :(

The Schedule Filter options for "This day" or "This day and time" can
work for that sort of programme. But if you really want the old
"Record one showing every week" or "Record one showing every day"
options, they are still available but only on Power Search recording
rules, via the Custom Edit option. Those options never went away,
they just got moved to the "full featured" Power Search type recording
rules, allowing the standard rules to be simpler (and easier for the
scheduler to process). So, find a programme in the guide, hit M, go
to Recording Options => Custom Edit. Hit the Record button, and the
options at the top of the list on that page will have what you want.
It is pretty well hidden, isn't it?