Mailing List Archive

The cricket on Prime
Prime TVs website says the cricket final is on from 4.30 on Sunday. I
understand this is probably a late change due to NZ being in the
final.

Mythtv says it is some other crap.

Any idea why the myth EPG hasn't caught up?

Re: The cricket on Prime [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 25 Mar 2015 21:04:34 +1300, you wrote:

>Prime TVs website says the cricket final is on from 4.30 on Sunday. I
>understand this is probably a late change due to NZ being in the
>final.
>
>Mythtv says it is some other crap.
>
>Any idea why the myth EPG hasn't caught up?

Because Prime has not updated the EPG data. They may do it by
tomorrow. Or maybe not - TV stations in NZ do not have a good record
of updating the EPG for changes. You can always do a manual record if
necessary.

To find the latest updates of the EPG data, just use the MHEG5 Guide
option on any FreeviewHD compatible TV. To be licensed to say they
are compatible, the TV must be able to display it. That is the source
of the NZ MythTV EPG data, but the downloaded EPG is only updated from
it once (or maybe twice) a day. You also need to account for when
your MythTV box does its daily EPG download - if it happens just
before the downloadable EPG gets updated, then it will be more out of
date.

Re: The cricket on Prime [ In reply to ]
> That is the source
> of the NZ MythTV EPG data, but the downloaded EPG is only updated from
> it once (or maybe twice) a day. You also need to account for when
> your MythTV box does its daily EPG download - if it happens just
> before the downloadable EPG gets updated, then it will be more out of
> date.

That's not actually correct, it updates more often than that.

--
http://nice.net.nz

Re: The cricket on Prime [ In reply to ]
The file would be massive if one added an extra hour for weather
contingencies (recent experience) and it came down in 1080....

Re: The cricket on Prime [ In reply to ]
Prime is not HD. But it must be better than the crapola internet
stream I watched the other night, which froze right before the final
ball, and unfroze to a view of the South Africans in despair. Most
unfair!

Re: The cricket on Prime [ In reply to ]
On 26/03/2015 12:33 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
> Prime is not HD. But it must be better than the crapola internet
> stream I watched the other night, which froze right before the final
> ball, and unfroze to a view of the South Africans in despair. Most
> unfair!
>
> On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 9:58 AM, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
>> The file would be massive if one added an extra hour for weather
>> contingencies (recent experience) and it came down in 1080....

I wrote IF....AND....
And only good enough if you program enough time!!! (It went over time)