The script still runs with no errors but I'm not seeing any new data.It
did input new data at least once since I reinstated it on Friday.

-Paul

Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 16 March 2015 8:41 AM, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all

The last couple of days my programme guide has not received any new data
during updates.Last data is for midnight 20/3.
Is anyone else seeing this? Or is it a problem on my system.
I switched to using the on air guide for a few days then switched back to
the script I was using to download the online data.
The script still runs with no errors but I'm not seeing any new data.It
did input new data at least once since I reinstated it on Friday.

-Paul

I am seeing the same thing.
Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:40:26 +1300, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> The last couple of days my programme guide has not received any new data
> during updates.Last data is for midnight 20/3.
> Is anyone else seeing this? Or is it a problem on my system.
> I switched to using the on air guide for a few days then switched back
> to the script I was using to download the online data.
> The script still runs with no errors but I'm not seeing any new data.It
> did input new data at least once since I reinstated it on Friday.
>
> -Paul

I just got a successful update.Must have been something up with epg.org.nz.

-Paul

Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:40:26 +1300, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> The last couple of days my programme guide has not received any new data
>> during updates.Last data is for midnight 20/3.
>> Is anyone else seeing this? Or is it a problem on my system.
>> I switched to using the on air guide for a few days then switched back to
>> the script I was using to download the online data.
>> The script still runs with no errors but I'm not seeing any new data.It
>> did input new data at least once since I reinstated it on Friday.
>>
>> -Paul
>

> I just got a successful update.Must have been something up with epg.org.nz.

Yes these things happen from time to time. The feed is supplied by one
person who isn't always there to fix it if there is a glitch. Because
there were (a few years ago now) some grumpiness and lawyers letters
from Sky about "their" data, the data provider prefers to remain
anonymous (it isn't me). However I believe he or she reads the list
because it usually gets fixed after a post like yours.

Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Monday, 16 March 2015 2:23 PM, Nick Rout <nick.rout@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 08:40:26 +1300, Paulgir <paulgir@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all
>>
>> The last couple of days my programme guide has not received any new data
>> during updates.Last data is for midnight 20/3.
>> Is anyone else seeing this? Or is it a problem on my system.
>> I switched to using the on air guide for a few days then switched back to
>> the script I was using to download the online data.
>> The script still runs with no errors but I'm not seeing any new data.It
>> did input new data at least once since I reinstated it on Friday.
>>
>> -Paul
>

> I just got a successful update.Must have been something up with epg.org.nz.

Yes these things happen from time to time. The feed is supplied by one
person who isn't always there to fix it if there is a glitch. Because
there were (a few years ago now) some grumpiness and lawyers letters
from Sky about "their" data, the data provider prefers to remain
anonymous (it isn't me). However I believe he or she reads the list
because it usually gets fixed after a post like yours.

Thank you anonymous person - your efforts to provide us with programming data are much appreciated.
Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]

> Because
> there were (a few years ago now) some grumpiness and lawyers letters
> from Sky about "their" data

I wonder if Sky still feel the same way. Back then you had to play Sky's
game because there wasn't an alternative for most content but that's no
longer the case. If they're smart they'll recognise that "protecting" their
data and thereby making their service harder to use can only push people to
alternatives (or piracy). If they were really smart they'd make the data
freely available.

Cheers,
Steve
Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 20:10:33 +1300, you wrote:

>> Because
>> there were (a few years ago now) some grumpiness and lawyers letters
>> from Sky about "their" data
>>

>I wonder if Sky still feel the same way. Back then you had to play Sky's
>game because there wasn't an alternative for most content but that's no
>longer the case. If they're smart they'll recognise that "protecting" their
>data and thereby making their service harder to use can only push people to
>alternatives (or piracy). If they were really smart they'd make the data
>freely available.
>
>Cheers,
>Steve

Sky have never shown any sign of being that smart.

Re: NZEPG.org data [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 10:00 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> Sky have never shown any sign of being that smart.

I don't know, they seemed to be smart enough to get the government wrapped
around their finger. They never had to be smart in actually running the
service before but times are changing.

Cheers,
Steve