1. Has 2+ tuners
2. Is reliable, my current card often fails to record, and will
continue to fail until the system is restarted. (yes I've tried heaps
of suggestions to fix it)
3. Works with ubuntu 12.04

Most of all it must be rock solid reliable. There is nothing worse
then going to watch a recorded show only to find that it's missing and
so are the previous three shows you recorded.

Re: Tuner recomendations [ In reply to ]
HDHR

http://nicegear.co.nz/htpc/silicondust-hdhomerun/

Re: Tuner recomendations [ In reply to ]
Thanks Nick.

Sadly, these are sold out right now while everyone waits for them to
release the new model.

The USA version has been around for a while but it's taking them longer
than expected to release the rest-of-the-world version.

The last I heard the distributors had a couple that they were testing so
hopefully it's not too far away now.

Cheers,

hads

http://nice.net.nz

Re: Tuner recomendations [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 13:12:16 Nick Rout wrote:
> HDHR
>
> http://nicegear.co.nz/htpc/silicondust-hdhomerun/

One of these is working for me :-)

Don Robertson
021 294 1452
www.robertson.net.nz

Re: Tuner recomendations [ In reply to ]
On 08/03/15 21:48, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for recommendations for a new tuner.
>
> Here are my requirements:
> 1. Has 2+ tuners
> 2. Is reliable, my current card often fails to record, and will
> continue to fail until the system is restarted. (yes I've tried heaps
> of suggestions to fix it)
> 3. Works with ubuntu 12.04

I have 3 DVB-T USB sticks, one of which I would recommend.

2040:7070 Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3

It works well for me, and can be bought for about $25 on trade me.

I will not name the other 2, they are not so good

> Most of all it must be rock solid reliable. There is nothing worse
> then going to watch a recorded show only to find that it's missing and
> so are the previous three shows you recorded.

Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
I voted for love