Mailing List Archive

Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T)
My system is not going flawlessly. Only one of my tuners is working.

I have "2040:7070 Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3" DVB-T stick working well

My "2040:c000 Hauppauge Windham" DVB-T stick is not.

I am running MythBuntu 14.04

I have installed linux-firmware-nonfree (thus the firmware
/lib/firmware/sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw is installed)

In mythtv-setup in the screen for capture cards I have
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 but when I
edit them they both have /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0. When I edit the
path for the tuner to /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 it has an error.

In /dev/dvb/ there is only adapter0

"dmesg' is reporting that the Nova-T stick is being used...

~$ sudo dmesg |grep dvb
[ 14.801916] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state,
will try to load a firmware
[ 15.111021] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file
'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'
[ 15.816121] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
[ 15.816282] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to
the software demuxer.
[ 16.260352] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
[ 16.260355] dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized
and connected.
[ 16.260588] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

I have had this stick working in the past so I am a bit perplexed.

cheers
Worik

--
Why is the legal status of chardonnay different to that of cannabis?
worik.stanton@gmail.com 021-1680650, (03) 4821804

Re: Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T) [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:03 PM, worik <worik.stanton@gmail.com> wrote:
> My system is not going flawlessly. Only one of my tuners is working.
>
> I have "2040:7070 Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3" DVB-T stick working well
>
> My "2040:c000 Hauppauge Windham" DVB-T stick is not.
>
> I am running MythBuntu 14.04
>
> I have installed linux-firmware-nonfree (thus the firmware
> /lib/firmware/sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw is installed)
>
> In mythtv-setup in the screen for capture cards I have
> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 but when I
> edit them they both have /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0. When I edit the
> path for the tuner to /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 it has an error.
>
> In /dev/dvb/ there is only adapter0
>

> "dmesg' is reporting that the Nova-T stick is being used...
>
> ~$ sudo dmesg |grep dvb
> [ 14.801916] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state,
> will try to load a firmware
> [ 15.111021] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file
> 'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'
> [ 15.816121] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
> [ 15.816282] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to
> the software demuxer.
> [ 16.260352] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
> [ 16.260355] dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized
> and connected.
> [ 16.260588] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>

> I have had this stick working in the past so I am a bit perplexed.

The first and most obvious question is : What has changed since "the past".

New kernel?

Re: Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T) [ In reply to ]
On 08/03/15 16:27, Nick Rout wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:03 PM, worik <worik.stanton@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > My system is not going flawlessly. Only one of my tuners is working.
>> >
>> > I have "2040:7070 Hauppauge Nova-T Stick 3" DVB-T stick working well
>> >
>> > My "2040:c000 Hauppauge Windham" DVB-T stick is not.
>> >
>> > I am running MythBuntu 14.04
>> >
>> > I have installed linux-firmware-nonfree (thus the firmware
>> > /lib/firmware/sms1xxx-hcw-55xxx-dvbt-02.fw is installed)
>> >
>> > In mythtv-setup in the screen for capture cards I have
>> > /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 and /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 but when I
>> > edit them they both have /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0. When I edit the
>> > path for the tuner to /dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 it has an error.
>> >
>> > In /dev/dvb/ there is only adapter0
>> >

>> > "dmesg' is reporting that the Nova-T stick is being used...
>> >
>> > ~$ sudo dmesg |grep dvb
>> > [ 14.801916] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in cold state,
>> > will try to load a firmware
>> > [ 15.111021] dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file
>> > 'dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'
>> > [ 15.816121] dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
>> > [ 15.816282] dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to
>> > the software demuxer.
>> > [ 16.260352] dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 50 msecs.
>> > [ 16.260355] dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized
>> > and connected.
>> > [ 16.260588] usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>> >

>> > I have had this stick working in the past so I am a bit perplexed.
> The first and most obvious question is : What has changed since "the past".
>
> New kernel?

Yes. Gone from Ubuntu 12.10 to Mythbuntu 14.10. Gone from an Intel
"NuPC" with discs on NFS to a more traditional SATA II desktop.

I have since tried a WinTV stick and it worked. The picture was very
pixelated.

Worik

Re: Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T) [ In reply to ]
This problem seems to have fixed itself. I have no explanation for how
or why.

All I did was plug in another (inferior) tuner, use it for a bit, get
rid of it and plug the WinTV stick back in.

To be sure I need a way to tell which tuner made which recording. I can
see which tuner is booked to do which recording in mythweb/tv/Upcoming
but the mythweb/tv/recorded does not show me.

Re: Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T) [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 09 Mar 2015 09:22:04 +1300, you wrote:

>This problem seems to have fixed itself. I have no explanation for how
>or why.
>
>All I did was plug in another (inferior) tuner, use it for a bit, get
>rid of it and plug the WinTV stick back in.
>
>To be sure I need a way to tell which tuner made which recording. I can
>see which tuner is booked to do which recording in mythweb/tv/Upcoming
>but the mythweb/tv/recorded does not show me.

The information is in mythbackend.log until that is expired. Take a
look at which_recorder.pl for a script to extract that information:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Which_recorder.pl

I have it installed to work with mythweb on my Backend Status page.

Re: Hauppauge Windham not working (DVB-T) [ In reply to ]
Your backend log does.