Mailing List Archive

epg help new box
Hi Guys
I need some help please, my linux knowledge and all my myth knowledge is
google based and lurking on this forum for years.
I have a dual core 2.6 running box 4 gig of ram
nova 550t tuner and gt 220 vid card
new drive are 120g solid state and I have a 2 t wd black.
I have not configured the wd on to the system yet and that will be
another challenge
I have been meaning to upgrade my box for a while. It was running
version 0.24
And now I need to as it has died
I had a partially installed version of Ubuntu 12 on the 120g
So I upgraded to 14.04
Did channel scan and have channels work and had a 2 hr epg as it was
looking at EIT data
Changed it from a localhost to its ip on the network and upgraded the
other front end.
And then copied the script I have attached below and I am stuck on why
this does not work,
Also now I am not getting any epg data now

#! /bin/bash
wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
gunzip freeview.xml.gz
mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual

I realize the has to be changed to --update once I have run this once
and I may have to remove the freeview file

Terminal readout as follows
stugo@stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ #! /bin/bash
stugo@stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
--2015-02-06 18:29:10-- http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
Resolving epg.org.nz <http://epg.org.nz> (epg.org.nz
<http://epg.org.nz>)... 120.138.17.20
Connecting to epg.org.nz <http://epg.org.nz> (epg.org.nz
<http://epg.org.nz>)|120.138.17.20|:80... connected.
Length: 198456 (194K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘freeview.xml.gz’

100%[======================================>] 198,456 1.25MB/s in
0.2s

2015-02-06 18:29:10 (1.25 MB/s) - ‘freeview.xml.gz’ saved [198456/198456]

stugo@stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ gunzip freeview.xml.gz
stugo@stugo-G33M-DS2R:~$ mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual
Boolean type options do not accept values:
--file
Received '1' but unassociated arguments have not been enabled
mythfilldatabase version: fixes/0.27 [v0.27.4-30-g3b43903]
www.mythtv.org <http://www.mythtv.org>
Misc. Options:
--dd-file Bypass grabber, and read SD data from file
--lineupid DataDirect lineup of input xml file
--offset Day offset of input xml file
--xmlfile XML file to import manually
--dd-grab-all refresh full data using DataDirect
--file Bypass grabbers and define sourceid and file
--xmlfile XML file to import manually
--manual Run interactive configuration
--no-mark-repeats do not mark repeats
--preset Use channel preset values instead of numbers
-h OR --help OR --usage Display this help printout, or give detailed
information of selected option.
--version Display version information.
--sourceid Operate on single source

Channel List Handling Options:
--do-channel-updates update channels using datadirect
--do-not-filter-new-channels don't filter ATSC channels for addition
--only-update-channels only update channel lineup
--remove-new-channels disable new channels on datadirect web
interface

Filtering Options:
--dont-refresh-tba don't refresh "To be announced" programs
--max-days force number of days to update
--refresh Provide a day or range of days to
refresh. Can
be used repeatedly.

Logging Options:
--enable-dblog Enable logging to database.
--loglevel Set the logging level. All log messages at
lower levels will be discarded.
In descending order: emerg, alert,
crit, err,
warning, notice, info, debug
defaults to info
--logpath Writes logging messages to a file in the
directory logpath with filenames in the
format:
applicationName.date.pid.log.
This is typically used in combination with
--daemon, and if used in combination with
--pidfile, this can be used with log
rotators,
using the HUP call to inform MythTV to
reload
the file
--nologserver Disable all logging but console.
-q OR --quiet Don't log to the console (-q). Don't log
anywhere (-q -q)
--syslog Set the syslog logging facility.
Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
-v OR --verbose Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for
level
info.

Guide Data Handling Options:
--only-update-guide Only update guide data

Have i got the script wrong, as I can see I am getting the file and
unzipping it, but it is not allowing me to set it to myth database I
have set all the backend channel Id to the scanned channels

---
Re: epg help new box [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 06 Feb 2015 20:20:50 +1300, you wrote:

> [...]
> --daemon, and if used in combination with
> --pidfile, this can be used with log
>rotators,
> using the HUP call to inform MythTV to
>reload
> the file
>--nologserver Disable all logging but console.
>-q OR --quiet Don't log to the console (-q). Don't log
> anywhere (-q -q)
>--syslog Set the syslog logging facility.
> Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
>-v OR --verbose Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for
>level
> info.
>
>Guide Data Handling Options:
>--only-update-guide Only update guide data
>
>Have i got the script wrong, as I can see I am getting the file and
>unzipping it, but it is not allowing me to set it to myth database I
>have set all the backend channel Id to the scanned channels

You have the mythfilldatabase command options wrong. The builtin help
does not make the correct syntax at all clear. I believe this is what
you need now:

mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --manual

See:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase

Re: epg help new box [ In reply to ]
On 6/02/2015 10:20 p.m., Stephen Worthington wrote:
> [...]
>> -q OR --quiet Don't log to the console (-q). Don't log
>> anywhere (-q -q)
>> --syslog Set the syslog logging facility.
>> Set to "none" to disable, defaults to none.
>> -v OR --verbose Specify log filtering. Use '-v help' for
>> level
>> info.
>>
>> Guide Data Handling Options:
>> --only-update-guide Only update guide data
>>
>> Have i got the script wrong, as I can see I am getting the file and
>> unzipping it, but it is not allowing me to set it to myth database I
>> have set all the backend channel Id to the scanned channels
>>

>> ---
> You have the mythfilldatabase command options wrong. The builtin help
> does not make the correct syntax at all clear. I believe this is what
> you need now:
>
> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --manual

H Steve
Thanks for that, I new it would be something simple, I had been
looking at the site you pointed me to, but did not know what to add.
I have another question on change the scrip to up date.
The original script is for first time install so to update the data in
the guide is this correct

mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --only-update-guide

---

Re: epg help new box [ In reply to ]

>>Hi Guys
>>I need some help please, my linux knowledge and all my myth knowledge
>>is google based and lurking on this forum for years.
>> I have a dual core 2.6 running box 4 gig of ram
>> nova 550t tuner and gt 220 vid card
>> new drive are 120g solid state and I have a 2 t wd black.
>> I have not configured the wd on to the system yet and that will be
>>another challenge
>> I have been meaning to upgrade my box for a while. It was running
>>version 0.24 And now I need to as it has died I had a partially
>>installed version of Ubuntu 12 on the 120g So I upgraded to 14.04 Did
>>channel scan and have channels work and had a 2 hr epg as it was
>>looking at EIT data
>> Changed it from a localhost to its ip on the network and upgraded
>>the other front end.
>> And then copied the script I have attached below and I am stuck on
>>why this does not work,
>> Also now I am not getting any epg data now
>>

>>#! /bin/bash
>>wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>>gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>>mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual
>>
>> I realize the has to be changed to --update once I have run this once
>>and I may have to remove the freeview file

>You have the mythfilldatabase command options wrong. The builtin help does
not make the correct syntax at all clear. I believe this is what you need
now:

> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --manual
>
>See:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase

Not sure if its any help but the following blog post explains how I did it:

http://www.zoyinc.com/?p=1843

Re: epg help new box [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 7 Feb 2015 12:13:39 +1300, you wrote:

>>>Hi Guys
>>>I need some help please, my linux knowledge and all my myth knowledge
>>>is google based and lurking on this forum for years.
>>> I have a dual core 2.6 running box 4 gig of ram
>>> nova 550t tuner and gt 220 vid card
>>> new drive are 120g solid state and I have a 2 t wd black.
>>> I have not configured the wd on to the system yet and that will be
>>>another challenge
>>> I have been meaning to upgrade my box for a while. It was running
>>>version 0.24 And now I need to as it has died I had a partially
>>>installed version of Ubuntu 12 on the 120g So I upgraded to 14.04 Did
>>>channel scan and have channels work and had a 2 hr epg as it was
>>>looking at EIT data
>>> Changed it from a localhost to its ip on the network and upgraded
>>>the other front end.
>>> And then copied the script I have attached below and I am stuck on
>>>why this does not work,
>>> Also now I am not getting any epg data now
>>>

>>>#! /bin/bash
>>>wget http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz
>>>gunzip freeview.xml.gz
>>>mythfilldatabase --file 1 freeview.xml --manual
>>>
>>> I realize the has to be changed to --update once I have run this once
>>>and I may have to remove the freeview file

>>You have the mythfilldatabase command options wrong. The builtin help does
>not make the correct syntax at all clear. I believe this is what you need
>now:
>>
>> mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 1 --xmlfile freeview.xml --manual
>>
>>See:
>>
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythfilldatabase
>>

>Not sure if its any help but the following blog post explains how I did it:
>
>http://www.zoyinc.com/?p=1843

One more step I would recommend - change the mythfilldatabase options
setting from empty to "--only-update-guide". Otherwise you can get
channels in the guide which are not available in your area getting
installed automatically. Unfortunately, at the moment I can not find
where in the GUI you go to set that option (or even if it is set from
mythtv-setup or mythfrontend).