Mailing List Archive

EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan
There seems to still be data missing from the EPG for 21st Jan for TV1,
TV2, TV3 and some of Four. Curiously some of the +1 channels do seem to
have some data.

Can someone fix this please?

Regards

Chris

Re: EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan [ In reply to ]
I just re-ran mythfilldatabase manually and my data seems complete
now. I have been off the net for a couple of days so I am not sure if
my missing data was to do with that.

Alas I seem to have no terrestrial antenna here, at least not
connected to a plug anywhere near the logical place for the backend.
There is a Sky dish, I'll have to dig out my DVB-S cards and see if
they detect a signal.

By the way is there any easy way to work out what a random F-connector
on the wall connects to on the roof? There is a terrestrial antenna,
it just doesn't seem to feed the outlets.

Re: EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan [ In reply to ]
freeview.xml file now seems to be complete, at least as far as 21st Jan
is concerned, I haven't looked any further yet.

Re: EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan [ In reply to ]
On 19/01/15 20:46, Nick Rout wrote:
> By the way is there any easy way to work out what a random F-connector
> on the wall connects to on the roof? There is a terrestrial antenna,
> it just doesn't seem to feed the outlets.

Pull it till the other end pops out and then you'll know.

Pop the faceplate off the wall and see if it does have an attached
cable, and what colour it is.
Then put a tone source on the end, and then run the sensor part over any
cables you see in the roof. One of them should be carrying the tone signal.

There's about a 3:1 chance its just disconnected.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan [ In reply to ]
On 19/01/2015 8:46 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
> By the way is there any easy way to work out what a random F-connector
> on the wall connects to on the roof? There is a terrestrial antenna,
> it just doesn't seem to feed the outlets.

Connect a battery on the roof and measure for its voltage at the other
end? Or connect your satellite box/card inside and measure for a
voltage on the roof?

Re: EPG - Data Missing on some channels for 21st Jan [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 Jan 2015 21:15:02 +1300, tortise <tortise@paradise.net.nz>
wrote:

> On 19/01/2015 8:46 p.m., Nick Rout wrote:
>> By the way is there any easy way to work out what a random F-connector
>> on the wall connects to on the roof? There is a terrestrial antenna,
>> it just doesn't seem to feed the outlets.
>
> Connect a battery on the roof and measure for its voltage at the other
> end? Or connect your satellite box/card inside and measure for a
> voltage on the roof?

Instead of a battery use a DMM on the resistance range.if the DMM has a
beeper,better still.Short the shield to core on each cable on the roof in
turn and measure at the wall socket.

Paul