RRP is $175+, they're $138+GST each.

I don't own one myself yet, and information is light on the ground for
this model.

Does anyone have one working with mythtv ? There's plenty of people
reporting the HVR2250 works well, but that's a different board.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Hauppauge HVR2205 card [ In reply to ]
On 2 Dec 2014 11:16, "Criggie" <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:

> I see Dove has a special on these capture cards "Hauppauge HVR2205
> PCI-E Dual DVB-T/T2 Tuner Card LP "
> RRP is $175+, they're $138+GST each.
>
> I don't own one myself yet, and information is light on the ground for
> this model.
>
> Does anyone have one working with mythtv ? There's plenty of people
> reporting the HVR2250 works well, but that's a different board.
>
> --
> Criggie
>
> http://criggie.org.nz/

The 2210 works OK too. Are you sure it's not just a typo, and they're
actually 2250's?

If it is a new board, then it may or may not be supported by the kernel and
firmware.
Re: Hauppauge HVR2205 card [ In reply to ]
> I see Dove has a special on these capture cards "Hauppauge HVR2205
> PCI-E Dual DVB-T/T2 Tuner Card LP "
> RRP is $175+, they're $138+GST each.
>
> I don't own one myself yet, and information is light on the ground for
> this model.
>
> Does anyone have one working with mythtv ? There's plenty of people
> reporting the HVR2250 works well, but that's a different board.

I'm running an HVR 2200 with a patch for PAL support on the analog side to
allow STB recording via the s-video connector. It looks like the 2205 may
be either a MCE specific version (but otherwise the same as the 2200 -
YMMV).

--
Robin Gilks

Re: Hauppauge HVR2205 card [ In reply to ]
There might be more hardware experience on the main mythtv-users list.

Re: Hauppauge HVR2205 card [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2 Dec 2014 11:25:21 +1300, you wrote:

>On 2 Dec 2014 11:16, "Criggie" <criggie@criggie.org.nz> wrote:
>>
>> I see Dove has a special on these capture cards "Hauppauge HVR2205
>> PCI-E Dual DVB-T/T2 Tuner Card LP "
>> RRP is $175+, they're $138+GST each.
>>
>> I don't own one myself yet, and information is light on the ground for
>> this model.
>>
>> Does anyone have one working with mythtv ? There's plenty of people
>> reporting the HVR2250 works well, but that's a different board.
>>
>> --
>> Criggie
>>
>> http://criggie.org.nz/

>The 2210 works OK too. Are you sure it's not just a typo, and they're
>actually 2250's?
>
>If it is a new board, then it may or may not be supported by the kernel and
>firmware.

It must be new if it does DVB-T2 (used for UK HD TV). A bit of
googling reveals that is the case, so there will not be any Linux
support yet, if ever. It also does DVB-C and analogue PAL TV.

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hvr2205board.html

We may get lucky as someone is asking for a quote for doing Linux
drivers here:

http://www.getacoder.com/projects/linux%20device%20driver%20for%20hvr_166757.html

but even if someone takes on the job, it will still be a while.

If you want a supported dual DVB-T/T2 card now, then try TBS:

http://www.buydvb.net/tbs6281-dvbt2tc-dual-tuner-pcie-card-p-104.html?cPath=12

They also have a dual DVT-T/T2 USB unit:

http://www.buydvb.net/tbs6281-dvbt2tc-dual-tuner-pcie-card-p-104.html?cPath=12

I bought my TBS5922 DVB-S2 USB tuner from BuyDVB and they ship to NZ.
TBS do full Linux support on all their products, but on a lot of them
(like the 5922), you have to compile their V4L drivers with each new
kernel, and if that is the case, the drivers for your other TV cards
will also become the ones from their driver set, which can mean they
are an old and potentially troublesome version. The TBS6281 and
TBS5281 both seem to need the TBS drivers:

http://www.tbsdtv.com/download/

For my TVBS5922, there are now open source drivers also, which should
eventually become part of the normal kernel, but I have not tried them
yet.