correct however importing the file gives the data in my program guide
thinking its on at 10:05 instead of 11:05 as per the xml.

My server is showing the correct current time, and I notice that as we
get close to the show airing the time updates to the correct time
which I assume is because it gets the over the air guide.

What could be causing my data to import one hour wrong?

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: imported EPG out by an hour [ In reply to ]
On 22/10/14 22:00, Daniel Hughes wrote:
> Hi guys, I'm new to the list.
>
> I have mythtv running on a ubuntu 12.04 box. I use
> http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz to get my epg data.
>
> I noticed tonight that one of my recordings was happening at the wrong
> time. A closer inspection showed that epg data was off by an hour.
>
> The time in the freeview.xml file seems fine. For example offspring
> tonight on tv shows a start time of 20141022230500 +1300 which is
> correct however importing the file gives the data in my program guide
> thinking its on at 10:05 instead of 11:05 as per the xml.
>
> My server is showing the correct current time, and I notice that as we
> get close to the show airing the time updates to the correct time
> which I assume is because it gets the over the air guide.
>
> What could be causing my data to import one hour wrong?
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Having inspected my archives for freeview.xml and mheg data I can only
confirm that the data has been correct all week.

As Offspring wad dhown at 22:05 on TVOne and 23:05 on TVOne+1
I am tempted to think that you confused TVOne and TVOne+1 entries in the
data and hence arrived at your conclusion.

An alternative possibility is that your back-end time is not configured
optimally.

This link discusses how to set your time to suit several system
configurations.
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/TimePrecision-HOWTO/set.html

Regards

Tony Sauri

Re: imported EPG out by an hour [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:00:45 +1300, you wrote:

>Hi guys, I'm new to the list.
>
>I have mythtv running on a ubuntu 12.04 box. I use
>http://epg.org.nz/freeview.xml.gz to get my epg data.
>
>I noticed tonight that one of my recordings was happening at the wrong
>time. A closer inspection showed that epg data was off by an hour.
>
>The time in the freeview.xml file seems fine. For example offspring
>tonight on tv shows a start time of 20141022230500 +1300 which is
>correct however importing the file gives the data in my program guide
>thinking its on at 10:05 instead of 11:05 as per the xml.
>
>My server is showing the correct current time, and I notice that as we
>get close to the show airing the time updates to the correct time
>which I assume is because it gets the over the air guide.
>
>What could be causing my data to import one hour wrong?
>
>Cheers,
>Daniel

Mixing two different sources of EPG is usually a very bad idea. You
really should not have the EIT option on when using downloaded EPG
data. There are also some options for processing EPG that allow you
to offset the time when you are getting your EPG from a different
timezone - check if you have that set. Otherwise, a one hour
difference smells of a daylight saving problem. Is your PC using UTC
for its clock, or is it set up to use local time? If the latter, then
that is likely the problem. Have a look at /etc/default/rcS and check
that UTC=yes is set.