recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?"
I know this is probably not allowed but, does anyone have a recording of
"Series 1, Episode 6 | Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" they are
willing to share with me? I didn't record the series and just watched it
via TVNZ ondemand, we want to show my wife's family in the states to
save their soles from all the sugar soda water they swill.

Thanks
Steve

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
Is education and study purpose an out for presumed copyright concerns?
What city are you in?

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
Definitely NOT :P

Graeme.

Because of the ad skips.... It's theft. Your contract
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract> with the network
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_network> when you get the show
is you're going to watch the spots. Otherwise you couldn't get the show
on an ad <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertisement>-supported basis.
Any time you skip a commercial
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_commercial> or watch the button
you're actually stealing the programming.

Jamie Kellner

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
On 22/09/14 10:25, tortise wrote:
> Is education and study purpose an out for presumed copyright concerns?
> What city are you in?
>
> On 22/09/2014 9:19 a.m., Steve Nicholson wrote:
>> I know this is probably not allowed but, does anyone have a recording of
>> "Series 1, Episode 6 | Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" they are
>> willing to share with me? I didn't record the series and just watched it
>> via TVNZ ondemand, we want to show my wife's family in the states to
>> save their soles from all the sugar soda water they swill.

You are right, it doesn't, I shouldn't have asked. Apologies to the list
for making the request and thanks to those that replied.

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Graeme Woollett <graeme.woollett@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Definitely NOT :P
>
> Graeme.
>
> Because of the ad skips.... It's theft. Your contract
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract> with the network
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_network> when you get the show
> is you're going to watch the spots. Otherwise you couldn't get the show on
> an ad <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advertisement>-supported basis. Any
> time you skip a commercial
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Television_commercial> or watch the button
> you're actually stealing the programming.

What contract with the network? I certainly never signed a contract with
TVNZ...

Cheers,
Steve
Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
Graeme, you should probably make it clearer that you are quoting Jamie
Kellner (a US TV executive) or we'll think you have gone potty!!

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
My post was tongue-in-cheek. Copyright is one of those things that if
followed to the letter becomes ridiculous.
It looks like that episode and series can be watched from the TVNZ
website, you just have to endure the ads...

I have largely ditched MythTV and am now a Netflix customer :-) .
Another wormhole that I won't go down here...

Graeme

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
Appreciate the tongue in cheek nature of your post. And in the NZ
context Mr Kellner is wrong if he is suggesting that time shifting is
illegal - it is specifically allowed under the Copyright Act. And if
time shifting is legal, how can it be illegal to forward through the
ads. Utter bollocks.

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM, Graeme Woollett

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout@gmail.com> wrote:

> Graeme, you should probably make it clearer that you are quoting Jamie
> Kellner (a US TV executive) or we'll think you have gone potty!!

Oh, right. I'm not sure Kellner has got that right even for the US.

Cheers,
Steve
Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 09:19:15 +1200, Steve Nicholson <steve@kiwibum.com>
wrote:

> I know this is probably not allowed but, does anyone have a recording of
> "Series 1, Episode 6 | Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" they are
> willing to share with me? I didn't record the series and just watched it
> via TVNZ ondemand, we want to show my wife's family in the states to
> save their soles from all the sugar soda water they swill.
>
> Thanks
> Steve

You'll have the NZ Police (FBI Glovepuppet Division) abseiling into your
home.

Paul

Re: recording of "Nigel Latta: Is Sugar The New Fat?" [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:34:05 +1200, Steve Hodge <stevehodge@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Graeme Woollett
> <graeme.woollett@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Definitely NOT :P
>>
>> Graeme.
>>
>> Because of the ad skips.... It's theft. Your contract with the network
>> when you get the show is you're going to watch the spots. >>Otherwise
>> you couldn't get the show on an ad-supported basis. Any time you skip a
>> commercial or watch the button you're actually >>stealing the
>> programming.
>
> What contract with the network? I certainly never signed a contract with
> TVNZ...
>
> Cheers,
> Steve

I'll have to look into breach of contract myself.If I have any contract
with TVNZ it would be for TV entertainment not the excrement they deliver.

Paul