Thanks.

Martin Spencer

mspencer@msa.co.nz <mailto:mspencer@msa.co.nz>
Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Hi.  I am in Christchurch and could give you a hand. I've been running myth for a while with a backend and several front ends.  I'm about to upgrade the software - am running mythbuntu so need to do a full distro upgrade. My hardware is all second hand stuff from trademe - except the tuner.  Anyway,  if your in Christchurch,  drop me a line.

Don

Don Robertson
don@robertson.net.nzMartin Spencer <mspencer@msa.co.nz> wrote:Hi. I have an old version of MythTV which I love but which needs bringing up to date. Also I would like to upgrade all the hardware.
The system was set up for me and I can’t maintain it.

I am looking for someone who can provide me support.

I am willing to pay a reasonable rate to someone who is very familiar with MythTV.

Thanks.

Martin Spencer
mspencer@msa.co.nz
Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Similarly I am in ChCh and could spend some time with you.

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Hi Nick,

Thanks for your offer.

Unfortunately I am in Auckland.

Regards,

Martin.

Martin Spencer
mspencer@msa.co.nz
+64(9)304-0730

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Hi Nick,

How do I edit my post to show that I am in Auckland?

I can't seem to find any way of editing it or even adding another post on the end.

Regards,

Martin.

Martin Spencer
mspencer@msa.co.nz
+64(9)304-0730

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Its not a post, its an email.

You can't generally edit emails that you've already sent, any more than
you can edit a letter you've already posted.

Actually your phone number's area code is a good clue.

On 30/08/14 18:14, Martin Spencer wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> How do I edit my post to show that I am in Auckland?
>
> I can't seem to find any way of editing it or even adding another post on the end.
>
> Regards,
>

> Martin.
>
> Martin Spencer
> mspencer@msa.co.nz
> +64(9)304-0730

Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
On 30/08/2014 6:23 p.m., criggie wrote:
> Actually your phone number's area code is a good clue.

Not to mention www.msa.co.nz that told me I am out too.... unless air
fares are included...?!

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Martin, sorry no one is popping up from Akld to help.

There could be a lot of help here for you to sort it though. Perhaps
you could tell us something about your current setup, what you want to
achieve, and what your hardware budget it.

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
On 30/08/14 11:28, Martin Spencer wrote:

> Hi. I have an old version of MythTV which I love but which needs
> bringing up to date. Also I would like to upgrade all the hardware.
>
> The system was set up for me and I can’t maintain it.
>
> I am looking for someone who can provide me support.

I popped in to see Martin today. I'm no myth expert, and we agreed that
he'd prefer to deal with someone with more experience. This is fine.

I will say that the brief contact I've had with him leads me to believe
that he's an upstanding guy, and unlikely to be a burden on anyone who
can provide some real on-site support. Time/pressure commitments mean
that he's unlikely to be very interested in doing it all himself, but
he's no intellectual slouch by any means.

Good luck Martin.

Aaron.

Re: Need support [ In reply to ]
Hi Martin

I'd love help you out, but we are in Kaikohe, some 3 hours north of you!

It sounds like you have too little time to invest in learning the
internals of MythTV, and need a "turn key" system.

I wonder if someone is in the position to set up a back end and the
appropriate number of front ends on a net at home, test the set up &
then couriered the lot to you.

Regards
Noel CLaydon