I haven't seen anything on this list about this change - just wanted to check
if it was just me or not.

Also missing data for 3 Plus One from later tomorrow Everything else seems
fine.

Thanks

--
Regards
Scott Newton

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 21:31:46 +1200, you wrote:

>I have no data from later today for the FOUR Plus One channel (use to be C4).
>
>I haven't seen anything on this list about this change - just wanted to check
>if it was just me or not.
>
>Also missing data for 3 Plus One from later tomorrow Everything else seems
>fine.
>
>Thanks

I had not noticed that C4 change until you mentioned it. The actual
change is that C4 has been deleted from the Mediaworks mux and a new
Four Plus 1 channel added with serviceid 1305. It just happens to be
using the same channel number as C4 did: 9.

I checked my downloaded TV3 Plus 1 data and it ends at the end of
Wednesday like yours. So I downloaded the latest freeview.xml.gz file
from epg.org.nz and it does not have any data for TV3 Plus 1, just the
channel id for it. It seems the script that builds the EPG file must
have developed a problem with TV3 Plus 1 in the last few days.

The MHEG5 data I just fetched has listings for TV3 Plus 1 well beyond
Wednesday. It also has listings for yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv, which is
not in the downloaded EPG at all (no channel id).

When I ran a channel scan with scan-s2, I also found a new channel on
the Mediaworks mux: The Edge TV (channel 11, serviceid 1306). The
MHEG5 EPG has data for this channel too.

I am guessing that the xmltvid values for the new channels will be
something like four-plus1.freeviewnz.tv and theedgetv.freeviewnz.tv,
so that is what I put in my database for now so that mhegepgsnoop will
populate those channels.

On Freeview DVB-S, the Sommet Sports channel has appeared on 12456000
Hz since I last scanned, which is quite a while ago. It is serviceid
1937.

It looks as though Sky has been rearranging its channels too - I ran a
new scan and a number of channels have shifted to different muxes and
there are a couple of new ones, as well as C4 being removed. I will
have a look at all those changes later and publish a new channels.conf
file.

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 7:42 AM, Stephen Worthington
<stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Jul 2014 21:31:46 +1200, you wrote:
>
>>I have no data from later today for the FOUR Plus One channel (use to be C4).
>>
>>I haven't seen anything on this list about this change - just wanted to check
>>if it was just me or not.
>>
>>Also missing data for 3 Plus One from later tomorrow Everything else seems
>>fine.
>>
>>Thanks
>
> I had not noticed that C4 change until you mentioned it. The actual
> change is that C4 has been deleted from the Mediaworks mux and a new
> Four Plus 1 channel added with serviceid 1305. It just happens to be
> using the same channel number as C4 did: 9.
>
> I checked my downloaded TV3 Plus 1 data and it ends at the end of
> Wednesday like yours. So I downloaded the latest freeview.xml.gz file
> from epg.org.nz and it does not have any data for TV3 Plus 1, just the
> channel id for it. It seems the script that builds the EPG file must
> have developed a problem with TV3 Plus 1 in the last few days.
>
> The MHEG5 data I just fetched has listings for TV3 Plus 1 well beyond
> Wednesday. It also has listings for yes-shop.freeviewnz.tv, which is
> not in the downloaded EPG at all (no channel id).
>
> When I ran a channel scan with scan-s2, I also found a new channel on
> the Mediaworks mux: The Edge TV (channel 11, serviceid 1306). The
> MHEG5 EPG has data for this channel too.
>
> I am guessing that the xmltvid values for the new channels will be
> something like four-plus1.freeviewnz.tv and theedgetv.freeviewnz.tv,
> so that is what I put in my database for now so that mhegepgsnoop will
> populate those channels.
>
> On Freeview DVB-S, the Sommet Sports channel has appeared on 12456000
> Hz since I last scanned, which is quite a while ago. It is serviceid
> 1937.
>
> It looks as though Sky has been rearranging its channels too - I ran a
> new scan and a number of channels have shifted to different muxes and
> there are a couple of new ones, as well as C4 being removed. I will
> have a look at all those changes later and publish a new channels.conf
> file.

Frankly I just leave the Plus1 channels out of my database, there is
no need for them if you have mythtv (provided you have enough tuners
and I do).

It annoys me that we have this repetition instead of decent channels
like the old TVNZ6/7.

No wonder "pirating" is going so strong, hard to find anything to
watch around here.

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
Nick Rout wrote, On 02/07/14 17:51:
> Frankly I just leave the Plus1 channels out of my database, there is
> no need for them if you have mythtv (provided you have enough tuners
> and I do).
>
> It annoys me that we have this repetition instead of decent channels like the old TVNZ6/7.
>
> No wonder "pirating" is going so strong, hard to find anything to watch around here.

Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....

So much more awesome than watching the broadcast, you can take an hour
off and pick it up again.

But what if you want to take another hour off ? To fix this we need
*PLUS 2 Channel* where the content from the +1 channel is broadcast
again an hour later.

What if its a long movie and you want to take a third break? Then the
only natural solution is a *PLUS 3 Channel*....

...etc ad nauseum...

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/
Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 06:51:46PM +1200, Criggie wrote:
> Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....
>
> So much more awesome than watching the broadcast, you can take an hour
> off and pick it up again.
>
> But what if you want to take another hour off ? To fix this we need
> *PLUS 2 Channel* where the content from the +1 channel is broadcast
> again an hour later.
>
> What if its a long movie and you want to take a third break? Then the
> only natural solution is a *PLUS 3 Channel*....
>
> ...etc ad nauseum...

Please please pleeesseee!! Don't give them any ideas!! It wouldn't be so
bad if the content was actually worth watching.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On 02/07/14 22:09, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 06:51:46PM +1200, Criggie wrote:
>> Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....
>>
>> So much more awesome than watching the broadcast, you can take an hour
>> off and pick it up again.
>>
>> But what if you want to take another hour off ? To fix this we need
>> *PLUS 2 Channel* where the content from the +1 channel is broadcast
>> again an hour later.
>>
>> What if its a long movie and you want to take a third break? Then the
>> only natural solution is a *PLUS 3 Channel*....
>>
>> ...etc ad nauseum...
> Please please pleeesseee!! Don't give them any ideas!! It wouldn't be so
> bad if the content was actually worth watching.
I've never seen the last episode of MASH.

--
Criggie

http://criggie.org.nz/

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On 2/07/2014 6:51 p.m., Criggie wrote:
> Nick Rout wrote, On 02/07/14 17:51:
>> Frankly I just leave the Plus1 channels out of my database, there is
>> no need for them if you have mythtv (provided you have enough tuners
>> and I do).
>>
>> It annoys me that we have this repetition instead of decent channels like the old TVNZ6/7.

I agree wider content choice is better....

> Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....
>
> So much more awesome than watching the broadcast, you can take an hour
> off and pick it up again.

I think one benefit of mythtv is the delay one can take between
recording and watching. It frequently makes little difference whether
its recorded at time "0" or "+1" however the file size is relevant for
me. There is little merit in recording HD sized files that are scaled up
or involve content that is seen no better in HD.

I also note the +1 audio options are less.

Re: EPG and FOUR Plus One [ In reply to ]
On 2014-07-02 22:09, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 02, 2014 at 06:51:46PM +1200, Criggie wrote:
>> Personally I think +1 channels are fantastic....

I'd like a -1 channel for the TAB ...